Physical therapist Dr. Matthew Cooper recommends this wrist stretch.
- Put the affected arm out in front of you.
- Flex wrist down.
- Rotate arm so fingers point to the outside.
- Use other hand to help bend wrist further.
- Hold for a few seconds.
Mentus recommends doing this stretch throughout the day.
- Hold palm out facing up with elbow at 90-degree angle.
- Rotate palm to face down and hold for 5 seconds.
- Rotate palm up again and hold 5 seconds.
- Repeat for 10 total times and 3 sets.
Getty Images/Tetra Images
Certified personal trainer Jake Dickson suggests this move.
- Grab either end of a rolled-up towel.
- As if wringing out water, twist the towel by moving your hands in different directions.
- Twist 10x one way, then 10x the other.
Dickson says this motion will strengthen and stretch your wrists and forearms.
- Roll up a towel or sock, or grab a tennis ball.
- Place it in the palm of your hand.
- Squeeze by slowly tightening fingers around ball.
- Squeeze for 10 seconds.
- Repeat 10x.