Most of us believe fashion rules dictate seasonal color palettes: bright, neon, and cool tones for flower-filled spring days and deep plums, browns, and olives for cooler fall nights. Well, I say take that rule and throw it out the window. Here's how to wear bright lipstick in the fall without looking crazy, plus five shades that you can buy now and wear through November (heck, even December!).
Keep The Rest Of Your Beauty Look Minimal
Wear A Neutral-Colored Outfit
Choose Matte Over Gloss
Here are 5 bright shades I love for fall and think you will, too.
1. Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn
Liquid Lipstick in Unicorn, $20, Anastasia Beverly Hills
This purple-toned fuschia is just as good at a summer BBQ as it will be at a pumpkin carving party.
2. Chanel Rouge Allure Intense Long-Wear Lip Colour in Excentrique
Red is always in season, especially in this rich, red shade.
3. Milani Cosmetics Color Statement Moisture Matte Lipstick in Matte Orchid
This is the perfect shade to brighten up any dreary, fall day.
4. Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Liquid Lipstick in Ultimate Orchid
Colorstay Ultimate Orchid, $10, Revlon
If you want to add some brightnes to your ensemble, while keeping it on the subtle side, opt for this soft, salmon-hued pink.
5. MAC Cosmetics Ultimate Lipstick in Ravishingly Rich
Ultimate Lipstick in Ravishingly Rich, $23, MAC Cosmetics
Slap on this bright red shade and no one will even notice you're wearing all black or neutrals this fall.
Images: Courtesy of Brands