11 Britney Spears Lyrics That Can Be Used As Comebacks For Anything In Life
Over the course of her successful career, Britney Spears has given us tracks that can apply to pretty much any situation. (Including karaoke-ready Britney Spears songs and Britney Spears songs that describe your love for pizza.) It only makes sense that, given Spears' confidence and all-around fierce music, that her lyrics hold the perfect comebacks for any situation.
Do you that scene in You've Got Mail where Meg Ryan bemoans that she can never think of the perfect comeback in a bad situation until it's too late? Luckily, you don't have to worry about that problem because these Britney Spears lyrics will prep you for any time you require the ideal response. (Bonus points if you say them with all of Spears' fierce attitude.)
The best part is that the singer has been giving us the perfect comebacks since she released her first album, ... Baby One More Time, in 1999. "(You Drive Me) Crazy" to "Work B****," that's 16 years of lyrical perfection, all building up to this moment. Ready to enter into a verbal sparring session? Check out the songs below to find your perfect comeback — for any situation that might arise — courtesy of Britney Spears.
1. "I Just Can't Sleep / I'm So Excited, I'm In Too Deep." — "(You Drive Me) Crazy"
It's not you're fault that you're very happy. Don't let the haters bring you down!
2. "Oops! ... I Did It Again" —"Oops! ... I Did It Again"
Be it in matters of the heart or otherwise, this is the perfect response for when you've made a mistake.
3. "My Loneliness Ain’t Killing Me No More / I’m Stronger." — "Stronger"
If someone doesn't believe you've learned from the past, just drop this Spears lyric.
4. "You Got No Reason To Be Jealous / I've Never Been Untrue." — "What U See (Is What You Get)"
Spears has the perfect comeback for when your boo gets too clingy.
5. "Say Hello To The Girl That I Am / You're Gonna Have To See Through My Perspective." — "Overprotected"
Drop this lyric when someone tries to pass judgment on you.
6. "A Guy Like You / Should Wear A Warning." — "Toxic"
Tell this to the bad boy who you can't resist.
7. "So Tired Of You Being Up In My Space / How Much More Could I Take?"— "Toy Solider"
Feeling smothered? This Spears lyric will come in handy.
8. "I'm Just A Girl With The Ability To Drive A Man Crazy." — "Hot As Ice"
Spears doesn't apologize for being a femme fatale and neither should you.
9. "Boy, Don't Try To Front / I Know Just What You Are." — "Womanizer"
Need to confront a player? Borrow this lyric from Spears' "Womanizer."
10. "This Type Of Love Isn't Rational / It's Physical." — "Criminal"
Use this lyric when you're head over heels for someone and your friends question him.
11. "Work It Hard Like It's Your Profession." — "Work B****"
Deliver this comeback to the person who questions your work ethic.