Kim Kardashian's Excuse For Only Donating 10 Percent to Charity Is Lame

Guys, why is that image up there not a meme of some sort? The Internet really missed an opportunity here. Someone fix this. Anyway, that's besides the post — it's time for another installment of Kardashian Krisis news! It's been awhile since we've had one of these posts, and, let me tell you, I have not missed it. But hey, Kimmy has done something silly again, so here we are. This time, Kim Kardashian posted an flimsy excuse for her eBay charity flub on her website, as if she really has some logical reasoning for not donating 100 percent of the proceeds from her eBay charity sales to charity — you know, the whole reason for selling her old stuff on eBay.

If you don't recall — Kim Kardashian posted a bunch of her old items on eBay, in hopes of selling enough to send over to the Philippines, which was recently hit by the devastating typhoon Haiyan. Fine, until you read the fine print of her promises to donate proceeds to charity: She only planned to donate 10 percent of the money earned to the Philippines, meaning the other 90 percent would go to her — she of the $40 million net worth. Something wrong with this picture?

In response, Kardashian penned a response on her blog to attempt and explain that happened here, even though there's really no possible excuse. But OK, go on, we're listening, Kim:

The problem comes in when I get attacked for giving and trying to help people. My dad always taught me the importance of giving back. I don’t publicize everything I do to help charities and people all over the world. I do it because I want to. I do because my dad taught me to. I do it because it’s the right thing to do. So for people to attack me for giving 10% of my eBay auction sales to the people of the Philippines, that hurts.

You know who else is hurting, Kim? Everyone who lost their homes, possessions, family members, and friends in the typhoon. They're not having a good time either.

In regards to these eBay auctions, when the eBay numbers get broken down, the auction management agency that posts for me gets a percentage for all of their hard work, then eBay listing fees, end of auction fees, eBay Store fees, Paypal fees, etc., all add up to about half of the sale. Then I give 10% to a charity. Truth is how the # is broken down, is neither here nor there. The people of the Philippines need all of our help, no matter how big or small.

It's true, they do need our help, no matter how big or small — even a dollar will help. But even if half the money is going to eBay, management agencies, and Paypal fees (which is actually true, eBay does take quite a bit and I believe her when she says 50 percent of the money is going here), and you're donating 10 perfect, where is the other 40 percent going?

Over the last 5+ years, I have listed thousands of items on eBay Giving Works for various causes. I will continue to do what is in my heart and am happy to know many others have enjoyed purchasing from me, as they too are giving with me.Giving comes from the heart. We all need to be reminded of this as we celebrate the holiday season this year."

In other words... Kim basically just said "sorry, not sorry."