12 Dog Quotes For National Dog Day That Prove Dogs Are The Greatest Creatures To Ever Walk The Earth
If people possessed the same qualities as dogs, the world would be a better place, and life would be as golden as a retriever's majestic fur glistening in the sun. As these quotes about dogs spoken throughout the years show, our loyal, trusty, four-legged friends are worthy of daily praise. Aug. 26 is National Dog Day, which means there is no better time to celebrate these canine companions that rightfully hold the title of "man's best friend." Besides being cute, cuddly, and awesome in almost every imaginable way possible, dogs are actually kind of necessary to society. Just think of rescue, service, and guard dogs — they're caretakers, emotional support, protection, and they can literally sniff out crime. You don't see cops walking around with cats as partners, now do you?
Throughout history, dogs have constantly made headlines for saving people on the reg due to their inborn heroic nature, but the nearly 350 breeds have also made a name for themselves as farmers, hunters, athletes, mushers, and more. And if that's not enough, dogs' talents have dominated the silver screen with movie roles like Bruiser Woods, Air Bud, and Marley. There are about a million reasons why everyone is constantly talking about dogs, and inevitably saying super quotable things about them. I mean, have you ever heard someone say out loud, "I hate puppies"? No. Here are 12 dog quotes that show why a dog is hands-down the best friend you could ever have.
1. "Whoever said you can’t buy happiness forgot little puppies." — Gene Hill
2. "A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself." — Josh Billings
3. "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." — Will Rogers
4. "If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket, and then give him only two of them." — Phil Pastoret
5. "No one appreciates the very special genius of your conversation as the dog does." — Christopher Morley
6. "Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate." — Sigmund Freud
7. "The more boys I meet, the more I love my dog." — Carrie Underwood
8. “When an 85 pound mammal licks your tears away, then tries to sit on your lap, it's hard to feel sad.” — Kristan Higgins
9. "Dogs’ lives are too short. Their only fault, really." — Agnes Sligh Turnbull
10. "The average dog is a nicer person than the average person." — Andy Rooney
11. "Dogs don't bite me. Just humans." — Marilyn Monroe
12. "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole." — Roger Caras
Image: Courtesy of Herepup