Today, the first Sunday after Labor Day, is National Grandparents Day — which means it's the perfect time to show some extra love to your grandma or grandpa with some grandparents quotes. The celebration was first established in a proclamation by President Jimmy Carter in 1978, and is dedicated to all the awesome grams and gramps out there (or nanas and papas, or whatever you call your amazing grandparents).
No matter how you mark the occasion — whether with a card, a phone call, or
some face-to-face quality time with your grandparents — now is the time to show
them just how much you appreciate them. Can't find the words to express how
much they mean to you? Luckily for you, we've rounded up some of the best
quotes about grandparents out there. In a few short words, these quotes sum up
exactly how great grandmas and grandfathers are.
From baking you your favorite treats (or in my case, my birthday cake every year — love you grandma!), to passing on great advice, to just generally spoiling you rotten, grandparents have given us so much to be thankful for. So take some time to let them know that today with one of these quotes, and cheers to all the amazing grandparents out there!
1. "Grandparents, like heroes, are as necessary to a child’s growth as vitamins." —Joyce Allston
2. "One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather." — Joy Hargrove
3. "Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting." — Unknown
4. “Grandparents are there to help the child get into mischief they haven’t thought of yet.” — Gene Perret
5. "When grandparents enter the door, discipline flies out the window." — Ogden Nash
6. "Grandma always made you feel she had been waiting to see just you all day, and now the day was complete." — Marcy DeMaree
7. "Every house needs a grandmother in it.”— Louisa May Alcott
8. "A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart." — Unknown
9. "Grandchildren are the dots that connect the lines from generation to generation." — Lois Wyse
10. "If nothing is going well, call your grandmother." — Italian proverb
11. “Grandchildren are God’s way of compensating us for growing old." — Mary H. Waldrip
12. "A grandmother is a
little bit parent, a little bit teacher, and a little bit best friend." — Unknown
Images: TBS; Giphy (4)