17 Mantras That Will Up Your Self Confidence
Feels like everyone keeps saying the mantra that self-confidence is the sexiest part of any person. I've struggled with that idea for a while. It certainly doesn't help to look in my bathroom mirror at 6 A.M. every morning. Usually, my self-confidence appears when I make someone laugh or show someone something I've been working on. Otherwise my thoughts resemble Grey Gardens.
But you know what? That's OK! In fact, it's healthy not to be all into yourself all the time. It's good to doubt yourself once in a while. It will save you from looking back at your old photos and saying "Why did I think a beige turtleneck would be a good idea?". Just make sure that those doubtful thoughts aren't sticking around for a while. The moment they keep you from having a good time, check yourself, and learn to use them to better yourself.
So why is that we find it easier to take advice from famous people? Maybe it's because we actually think that celebrities and our literary heroes have somehow figured out the secret to being happy? Or maybe it’s because they seem to have it all together and maybe their personal mantras will rub off us? Either way, until that fateful day when we finally learn that we are good enough as is, it doesn't hurt to hear other people's positive thoughts.
1. “The earlier you learn that you should focus on what you have, and not obsess about what you don't have, the happier you will be.” —Amy Poehler
2. “The man for me is the cherry on the pie. But I'm the pie and my pie is good all by itself. Even if I don't have a cherry.”— Halle Berry
3. “Sometimes you just have to put on lip gloss and pretend to be psyched.” ― Mindy Kaling
4. “You are magnificent beyond measure, perfect in your imperfections, and wonderfully made.”― Abiola Abrams
5. “Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are.” — Marylin Monroe
6. “My real beauty lies in my humor, my strength, the kind of sister, daughter, and friend I am. But more than anything, it lies in my ability to truly not give a sh*t what anyone thinks of me. Because I know what I think.” — Amy Schumer
7. “You have to know who you are — what others say is irrelevant.” ― Nic Sheff
8. “I've been through way too much f**king sh*t to be insecure. I've got huge balls. ”― Drew Barrymore
9. “Do your thing and don't care if they like it.”— Tina Fey
10. “Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” — Ayn Rand
11. “The only person who can pull me down is myself, and I'm not going to let myself pull me down anymore.” ― C. JoyBell C.
12. “Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can't accept who you are.”― Turcois Ominek
13. “Laugh loudly, laugh often, and most important, laugh at yourself.”― Chelsea Handler
14. “Think outside of the box ... Pledge that you will look in the mirror and find the unique beauty in you.” — Tyra Banks
15. “To accept ourselves as we are means to value our imperfections as much as our perfections.” — Sandra Bierig
16. "To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself." —Thich Nhat Hanh
17. And One Of My Favorites...
Images: Giphy(4); Pexels