It's getting to be that special time of year again — you know, when you get to plug in some pointed, plastic teeth, tease your hair like crazy, cover a thrift store wedding dress with ketchup, and call yourself a vampire bride. Ah Halloween... I don't think any day of the year is more thrilling. In order to help get you psyched for this amazing holiday, I've collected 12 halloween quotes below that truly capture the "spirit" of the day (and night, for that matter). No matter how you choose to spend the evening of the 31st (go trick-or-treating — you're never really too old), it never hurts to have a little inspiration before the night of terrors begins.
From the nostalgic sense of childhood that goes hand-in-hand with Halloween to the creative imagination that fuels the holiday, these 12 quotes are definitely going to get you pumped for a night of spooks. Making a killer costume and going all out takes some energy, and I'm pretty sure these quotes are up to the fueling challenge. So before you start buying candy, piecing together your award-winning costume, making boozy plans, and carving your jack-o-lanterns, take a read through these magical words below. Halloween only comes once a year, my friends, so make sure you're making the most of it. After all, how often can you dress up like a crazy cat lady or a neon green Ninja Turtle, and get away with it? Not often enough, that's for sure.
1. "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." — Mason Cooley
2. "If ever there was a holiday that deserves to be commercialized, it's Halloween. We haven't taken it away from kids. We've just expanded it so that the kid in adults can enjoy it, too." — Cassandra Peterson
3. "Where there is no imagination there is no horror." — Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
4. "If I wasn't even famous or had any success, I would still wake up and put tons of make-up on, and put on a cool outfit. That's always been who I've been my whole life, so that's never gonna change. I love fashion. I love getting dressed up. I love Halloween, too." — Gwen Stefani
5. "There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch." — Robert Brault
6. "Nothing on Earth so beautiful as the final haul on Halloween night." — Steve Almond
7. "The farther we've gotten from the magic and mystery of our past, the more we've come to need Halloween." — Paula Curan
8. "Once in a young lifetime one should be allowed to have as much sweetness as one can possibly want and hold." — Judith Olney
9. "There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask." — Colette
10. "A grandmother pretends she doesn't know who you are on Halloween." — Erma Bombeck
11. "October, tuck tiny candy bars in my pockets and carve my smile into a thousand pumpkins.... Merry October!" — Rainbow Rowell
12. "Double, double toil and trouble; fire burn and cauldron bubble." — William Shakespeare
Images: Ram Yoga/Flickr; Giphy (5)