This Democratic Debate Drinking Game Will Definitely Spice Things Up, Because Lincoln Chafee Will Surely Bring Up The Metric System
Get ready: The first Democratic presidential debate of the 2016 election cycle is coming up on Tuesday evening, 9-11 p.m. ET. No matter your party preference, debates can be stressful, exciting, aggravating, or even super boring, and there's no telling what could happen this coming Tuesday night when CNN hosts the 2016 Democratic candidates. With Anderson Cooper moderating, it's sure to be mostly smooth sailing, especially that the Democratic candidates are nowhere near as hostile towards one another as the Republican candidates seem to be. Either way, the surefire tactic for ensuring that the debate goes how we want it to regardless of the ultimate outcome is to have a Democratic debate drinking game at the ready.
It's unlikely, but not impossible, that Vice President Joe Biden will abruptly announce a run for president and participate in Tuesday's debate, and if that wrench gets thrown into the plans, Clinton and Sanders may want a drinking game of their own.
Hopefully, things won't get entirely out of hand as they nearly have in the first two Republican debates, but in case things get really heated or are impossibly dull, here's an easy way to make time fly by sipping and chugging your way through the two hour-long ordeal.
Take A Sip Any Time
- Clinton chuckles following a question regarding her emails and her private server.
- A candidate says "On day one..."
- Donald Trump is rebuked.
- The candidates exceed their allotted speaking time.
Take A Shot If
- Joe Biden ends up participating in the debate.
- The subject of Putin comes up.
- A candidate addresses Anderson Cooper by his name.
- Abortion rights are mentioned.
- Facebook or Twitter are mentioned.
- A deceased president's name comes up.
- By the end of the night, O'Malley has more than six minutes of talk time racked up.
- Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton start seriously agreeing on things.
- A candidate says something tone deaf about Black Lives Matter.
- Bernie Sanders seems angry (keep going till he regains his cool).
- Anderson Cooper laughs.
- The candidates invoke any millennial slang (chug two drinks if "on fleek" is said).
- Chafee brings up the metric system.
Go buy your 12 packs and shot glasses, because the debate is right around the corner. CNN will stream the debate live on their website and mobile apps in addition to broadcasting the event on TV. Bottoms up!
Image: Cora Foxx/Bustle