Here's Where Bernie Sanders Fans Can Watch The Democratic Debate In 6 Major Cities
If you're a Bernie Sanders fan itching to watch the democratic socialist in action at Saturday's debate, don't do it alone! The second Democratic presidential debate falls on a weekend this time around, which means you can double task by partying and viewing the debate at the same time! Sanders supporters who live in New York, Los Angeles, Seattle, Chicago, Austin, and San Antonio, Texas can join their comrades at one of the hundreds of watch parties in major cities across the country. While some of these parties are smaller affairs in individuals' living rooms, others are hosted at bars, restaurants, convention halls, and college campuses. So bring your friends and your ID to watch the Democratic debate with fellow Sanders fans.
There's something for everyone in this list. Whether you're a political satire junkie, a wine snob, a lover of Mexican food, or an outdoor lover, you'll probably find a group of like-minded Sanders supporters. Babes for Bernie who don't reside in one of these major metropolitan areas, don't fear — Sanders' campaign site has a comprehensive list of gatherings all across the country. Search your zip code to find a watch party near you. Berners, unite!
- Bar 515, 3rd Ave. between 34th and 35th streets: At 9 p.m., Sanders fans will gather at this Murray Hill bar to cheer him on.
- 12th Street Alehouse, 192 2nd Ave.: Theater in Asylum, a NYC theater company hosting this watch party with the NYC Democratic Socialists is planning to "create theatrical adaptations of the Democratic Primary Debates." Join them and take part in making art out of politics.
- Dassara Restaurant Bar, 271 Smith St., Brooklyn: For a cozier atmosphere, drinks, dinner, and conversation about political revolution, head to Dassara in Carroll Gardens at 8 p.m.
- Talde, 8 Erie St., Jersey City: Jerseyite Berners don't have to travel to Manhattan to join a party. This event at Talde is free, 21+, and serves great food.
- Crossroads Public House, 2630 N. Clark St.: Those in the Lincoln Park area should come to Crossroads for beer and progressive politicking. All the bar's TV screens will be turned to the debate.
- Bridget McNeill's, 420 W. Belmont Ave.: This lakeside bar and restaurant is a great place to watch the debate with friends. There's even a fireplace to warm you up, in case you're not already feeling the bern.
- In These Times (1st Floor), 2040 N. Milwaukee Ave.: Progressive Rep. Will Guzzardi will kick off this watch party with a short speech about his involvement in the Sanders campaign. Also, BYOB! Yay!
- Eastside Luv Wine Bar y QueSo, 1835 E. 1st St.: Eastside L.A. Sanders supporters who are 21+ should head to this wine and cheese bar at 6 p.m. to catch the debate.
- Casbah Cafe, 3900 W. Sunset Blvd.: Those in the Silver Lake area can join the debate party at Casbah's, where there will be complimentary pita and hummus.
- Catch 56, 5615 Hollywood Blvd.: This debate party is hosted by Hollywood comics, so you're guaranteed to have a laugh while you cheer on Bernie.
- UCLA Ackerman Building Room 2408: The UCLA Bruins for Bernie host this watch party, open to the UCLA community.
- The Kitchen by Delicatus, 309 1st Ave. S: This event features complimentary snacks and happy hour priced wine and beer. The debate will be streamed on a 15 x 15 HD screen.
- University of Washington, Savery Hall Room 260: The UW community hosts this "Huskies for Bernie" event and will feature information on how to reach out to Iowa primary voters.
- Cafe Racer, 5828 Roosevelt Way NE: The watch party at Cafe Racer promises "friends, food, and plenty of booze."
Austin & San Antonio, Texas
- Mister Tramps, 8565 Research Blvd, Austin: In the back room of this bar and restaurant, find wall-sized screens, beer, chimichangas, bread pudding, and plenty of space to bring your friends.
- La Botanica, 2911 N St Mary's St., San Antonio: Come in your Bernie gear, and arrive early to order food and drinks.