Who Were The Planned Parenthood Shooting Victims?

Update: Around 5 p.m. local time Friday, a gunman who opened fire at a Planned Parenthood center in Colorado Springs, Colorado, was arrested and taken into police custody alive, according to Mayor John Suthers. Late Friday evening, a law enforcement source told CNN the gunman was 57-year-old Robert Lewis Dear. At least 11 people were taken to hospitals for treatment, including five officers, authorities said. The Colorado Springs Police Department has confirmed that three victims, one Colorado Springs police officer and two civilians, have died.

Earlier: According to reports from multiple outlets, including NBC News, an active shooter situation is underway at a Planned Parenthood location in Colorado Springs, Colorado on Friday. Authorities have warned that the surrounding area is "not secure." The precise identities of the victims are not yet known, as the situation is still developing.

There are reports from local news affiliates that help shine some light, however. According to CBS Denver, the first reports of the shooting unfolded at 11:45 a.m. local time, and drew a response from both the Colorado Springs police and fire departments. They reported that one police officer was shot in the hand, and that another might have been injured, according to the state's police union.

There have been conflicting reports so far, which is to be expected in the course of such a chaotic and violent event. An update from the Associated Press had suggested that five police officers in total were injured in the incident, and that the shooter has been "contained," but that last part was quickly contradicted by the Colorado Springs Police Department, which said it wasn't sure whether the shooter is contained.

There haven't yet been any reports on the conditions of civilian victims but the police have confirmed that there were 11 total victims. According to KRDO, nine total victims were transported to nearby hospitals — six to Penrose Hospital, three to Memorial Hospital.

According to local news sources, there was also a lockdown put into effect at Penrose Hospital's emergency room, but that lockdown was lifted without incident at around 6:50 p.m. local time.

The Colorado Springs Police Department has confirmed that the suspect has been arrested and taken into custody.