14 Inspirational New Year Quotes For 2016 To Get You Feeling Great About What's To Come
Sometimes, we need a kick start to get us going again, and the fresh beginning of a new year is a perfect time to get that kick. Rounded up below are 14 beautifully written, inspirational New Year quotes that will have you feeling excited for 2016 in no time. From Walt Disney to William Shakespeare, the authors of these words of wisdom know their stuff, so don't take it lightly.
While humans may all have their differences, there is a common hope for good that connects us all. Whether it's being kind to yourself or kind to others, there's simply something that is miraculously life-changing in both of these gestures, no matter how large or small they may be.
2016 is your time to self-evaluate, dream big, and most importantly, grow as both an individual and a member of your community. Be it friends, family, your neighborhood, or your workplace, there are a variety of ways you can better yourself within them.
Don't let the new year overwhelm you or discourage you. You won't have another clean slate like this for another 365 days, so make the most of this one. Go ahead, get your fill of inspirational words below — I'm sure everyone could use some.
1. “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” — Walt Disney
2. “For last year's words belong to last year's language and next year's words await another voice.” — T.S. Eliot
3. "One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: to rise above the little things." — John Burroughs
4. "Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page." — Henry Ward Beecher
5. “Come, gentlemen, I hope we shall drink down all unkindness.” — William Shakespeare
6. “Character is the ability to carry out a good resolution long after the excitement of the moment has passed.” — Cavett Robert
7. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
8. "What the New Year brings to you will depend a great deal on what you bring to the new year." — Vern McLellan
9. "Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other." — Abraham Lincoln
10. "Although no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." — Carl Bard
11. "Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book. Write a good one." — Brad Paisley
12. "No one ever regarded the First of January with indifference. It is that from which all date their time, and count upon what is left. It is the nativity of our common Adam." — Charles Lamb
13. "You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." — Aristotle
14. "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
Looking for more holiday cheer? Check out Bustle on YouTube.