Family is everything, so when you start working on New Year's resolutions in 2016, you may want to consider working on your relationship with yours. These awesome New Year quotes about family are a wonderful place to start when it comes to finding some resolution inspiration.
There's no such thing as a perfect family. Trust me. If you're constantly comparing your family to others, that's never a good thing. Different family units work in different ways, and that's not to say that one is necessarily better than another. The moment you stop wishing your mother or father acted like your friend's mother or father is the same moment you'll realize how uniquely special she or he really is — and consequently, how much you wouldn't want that changed for the world.
Friends will come and go, and jobs will only last for so long, but a family is forever. The stronger your relationship with your family, the stronger your own foundation will be, and that's something we could all benefit from in this crazy and unstable world. Whether it's calling more often, not pushing your sister's buttons, or simply learning to love a little more, resolve to work on your family ties this year. I promise it will be worth it.
1. "I'll never stop dreaming that one day we can be a real family, together, all of us laughing and talking, loving and understanding, not looking at the past but only to the future." — La Toya Jackson
2. "Family is not an important thing. It's everything." — Michael J. Fox
3. "The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works, is the family." — Lee Iacocca
4. "You have to defend your honor. And your family." — Suzanne Vega
5. "I come from that society and there is a common thread, specifically family values — the idea that you do anything for your family, and the unconditional love for one's children." — Ednita Nazario
6. "A happy family is but an earlier heaven." — George Bernard Shaw
7. "In every conceivable manner, the family is link to our past, bridge to our future." — Alex Haley
8."My family was my guide to my reality." — Haywood Nelson
9. "A man should never neglect his family for business." — Walt Disney
10. "A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss... That's the trade-off. But I'll take it all." — Brad Pitt
11. "Without a family, man, alone in the world, trembles with the cold." — Andre Maurois
12. "The family is one of nature's masterpieces." — George Santayana
13. "I woke up one morning thinking about wolves and realized that wolf packs function as families. Everyone has a role, and if you act within the parameters of your role, the whole pack succeeds, and when that falls apart, so does the pack." — Jodi Picoult
14. "Cherish your human connections — your relationships with friends and family." — Barbara Bush
15. "I don't think anyone has a normal family." — Edward Furlong
Looking for more holiday cheer? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images: Fotolia; Giphy (4)