15 New Year Quotes About New Beginnings, Because 2016 Is A Fresh Start For All Of Us
What's the best thing about a new year? As these New Year quotes about new beginnings make very clear, it's the concept of a fresh start. Everyone screws up. Read that sentence again. Everyone. But you know what's worse than screwing up? Letting your mistakes haunt your present. While you can certainly start each new day as a first, there is something inspiring about the beginning of the new year that can give you that extra push of motivation you may need to escape the past and embrace the future.
These amazing quotes are a confirmation of this idea. You have to shut old doors to open new ones, and there is always a new opportunity to have a new beginning, no matter how many times you may need to start over. The important thing is that you're not giving up — that you're trying again and again... and often, again. You are never going to be perfect, but striving to be the best person that you can be is as close to it as you can get.
So treat yourself to some words of wisdom, and don't forget to forgive yourself. The future is bright, and it's all yours for the taking.
1. "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end." — Seneca
2. “But there's a beginning in an end, you know? It's true that you can't reclaim what you had, but you can lock it up behind you. Start fresh.” — Alexandra Bracken
3. "Every day I feel is a blessing from God. And I consider it a new beginning. Yeah, everything is beautiful." — Prince
4. "Begin today. Declare out loud to the universe that you are willing to let go of struggle and eager to learn through joy." — Sarah Ban Breathnach
5. "This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change." — Taylor Swift
6. “All great beginnings start in the dark, when the moon greets you to a new day at midnight.” — Shannon L. Alder
7. “Now, as we close one chapter, the pen is gradually inking up, preparing itself to write the next.” — Mie Hansson
8. “New month, new intentions, new goals, new love, new light, and new beginnings.” — April Mae Monterrosa
9. "For last year's words belong to last year's language. And next year's words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning." — T.S. Eliot
10. "Forgiveness says you are given another chance to make a new beginning." — Desmond Tutu
11. “There are as many worlds as there are kinds of days, and as an opal changes its colors and its fire to match the nature of a day, so do I.” — John Steinbeck
12. "Do not wait until the conditions are perfect to begin. Beginning makes the conditions perfect." — Alan Cohen
13. "It's a wise man who understands that every day is a new beginning, because boy, how many mistakes do you make in a day? I don't know about you, but I make plenty. You can't turn the clock back, so you have to look ahead." — Mel Gibson
14. "Every man should be born again on the first day of January. Start with a fresh page." — Henry Ward Beecher
15. "The secret to living the life of your dreams is to start living the life of your dreams today, in every little way you possibly can." — Mike Dooley
Looking for more holiday cheer? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images: Getty Images, Giphy (4)