Hi. Hello. Howdy. How are you? Doing well, I hope. On this fine Tuesday afternoon, I would like to spend a few moments revisiting the gorgeous work of videography that is the music video for "Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)" by Britney Spears featuring Pharrell Williams. Why? Oh, come on. Like I need a reason to re-watch any of B. Spears's life-changing videos. You want a reason? Fine. Here it is: Because it's a Britney Spears video, that's why. (Don't mind me and my flawless logic.)
The original version of the Neptunes-produced song can be found on Spears’s third studio album, Britney, and the remix (and rendition that's in the video) appears on the Austin Powers in Goldmember soundtrack. The “Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)” music video, which was directed by auteur Dave Meyers, takes place in a castle that is as spooky as it is glamorous. In said spooky-glam castle, famous folk like Williams, Mike Myers (sporting full Austin Powers regalia), Justin Bruening, DJ Qualls, Taye Diggs, and Jason Priestly dance, swim, exchange stolen glances, dine with a zebra, and dance some more. Oh, and you better believe Queen Godney and her glorious coiffures rule the spooky-glam roost.
Here are the best, most life-changing Britney moments from the “Boys (The Co-Ed Remix)” vid:
1. When Britney Introduces The Audience To Her No-Nonsense Ponytail
That high pony is teased 'n' tousled to perfection.
2. When Britney & The Dancers Throw A Dance Party In A Castle Tower
What a dream.
3. When Britney Hits The Camera With This Nod
4. When Britney Sits At The Head Of This Never-Ending Banquet Table
Fetch the candelabras and rose petals, because it's dinner time at Queen Godney's castle.
5. When Britney Hangs Out With A Zebra
"Welcome to my castle. This is my friend Zach the zebra. Don't be scared, he's totally chill. Just don't set your keys down. One time, my neighbor left her house keys on my kitchen counter and Zach decided to hide 'em. I guess he thought it was a good prank? Anyway, we spent four hours searching the castle for her keys. Zach whinny-cackled the entire time. But yeah, other than the key thing, Zach is cool."
6. When Britney Is Like "Please Take Note of This Fabulous One-Shoulder Ensemble"
The spooky-glam of it all is almost too much to bear.
7. When Britney Gently Grabs Justin Bruening’s Face…
…Only to be like, “JK!”
8. When This Dance Break Begins
YES YES YES YES.
9. When This Hair Flip Happens
10. And When This Hair Flip Happens
FOREVER THE QUEEN.
11. When Britney Breaks It Down With Austin Powers
Yeah, baby, yeah! …One more time.
12. Finally, When Britney & Austin Show Off Their Pigeon Impressions
Shall we head bob now, or head bob later?
Hey, 2002? Thank you.
Images: BritneySpearsVEVO/YouTube (13); Kristie Rohwedder/Bustle (12)