GUYS. This is insane right now: Apparently, a prop company has posted the real raptor cage from 1993's Jurassic Park on eBay, available to bid on for a low, low price of $99,910. Seriously, look: This thing already has 153 bids! So, you know, if any of you wanna pool all of our money together and buy this thing, I wouldn't be opposed...
Even better: According to Geek, the raptor cage also comes with a little prop toy velociraptor, so you'll actually have something to keep in your raptor cage instead of just locking people you don't like in there. (Oh, am I the only one who would do that?)
Here's the description, via the item's eBay page:
Original Velociraptor Cage Crate Prop
- This is the original screen used prop seen in the opening scene of Jurassic Park
- It is an authentic, original prop which was designed and constructed for the film
- The Crate is featured prominently in the opening scene of the movie, as can be seen in the reference shots below!
- The Crate is primarily wood, with some metal/steel components
- The bottom of the crate is heavy steel
- This is a very large and heavy prop; estimated weight is several hundred to one thousand pounds
- Includes a full size Velociraptor prop
- Velociraptor prop was produced for display at the premiere of the film
I don't know about you, but I am totally sold. any takers?
Image: Warner Bros.