Ever wish you had one more day in the week to get things done? Well this year, you do — and based on these Leap Day quotes, you had better not waste it. Feb. 29 only decides to show its face once every four years, which means it's important to make the most of it — whether that means being more productive or checking something off the bucket list is up to you.
It's kind of surreal to have a day of the year where you're conceptually jumping forward in time, and it's even more surreal that this day only occurs as often as we elect a new president. Leap Day is a rarity, and thusly, these quotes are too. These notable words are all over the board, some inspiring, some hilarious, and some ridiculous... but who can blame the authors? With a leap year only happening twice a decade, there has been less time to reflect on the day, and instead, more time dedicated to actually enjoying it.
Leap Day may be just like any other day of the year, but it is also paradoxically nothing like any of them. It's an extra 24 hour period you should embrace for everything it's worth. Next time you hear a friend saying how they wish they had more time, remind them that they do and not to waste it.
1. "It's Leap Day. Real life is for March." — 30 Rock
2. "According to 30 Rock, which is an authority on these matters: anything that happens today, didn't." — Anonymous
3. "It's Leap Day, not sleep day!" — Modern Family
4. "Happy Leap Day! Enjoy it while it's here...because like a Kobe Bryant pass, it only occurs once every four years." — Anonymous
5. "Like leap-year day — nothing in itself, but a nudge jostling every other day." — Michael Cisco
6. "Happy Leap Day. A day where 'this time last year' and 'this time next year' does not apply." — Anonymous
7. "Every leap year I like to jump. It’s a good way to get my daily exercise in every four years." — Jarod Kintz
8. "Today is an ephemeral ghost...A strange amazing day that comes only once every four years. For the rest of the time it does not 'exist.' In mundane terms, it marks a 'leap' in time, when the calendar is adjusted to make up for extra seconds accumulated over the preceding three years due to the rotation of the earth. A day of temporal tune up! But this day holds another secret — it contains one of those truly rare moments of delightful transience and light uncertainty that only exist on the razor edge of things, along a buzzing plane of quantum probability...A day of unlocked potential. Will you or won't you? Should you or shouldn't you? Use this day to do something daring, extraordinary and unlike yourself. Take a chance and shape a different pattern in your personal cloud of probability!" — Vera Nazarian