7 Feminist Quotes On Confidence & Leadership To Inspire You
To be an advocate or a leader, you need the confidence to know that what you're saying matters, and the belief that you can inspire others. Although some have these traits in abundance, a recent survey of professional women about female leadership cited in Fortune found that 63 percent think confidence is a central characteristic of leadership, but only six in ten could imagine themselves being a leader.
Although some women are lucky enough to be raised by strong parents who tell them they can be and do anything, others aren't in the same position. Depending on your background, you can grow up hearing women are second class citizens or that women are no different than any other gender identity. And if you fall somewhere in between, sometimes a little knowledge dropped from those who have achieved something major in their lives is worth listening to. Sure, those inspirational Instagram quotes can get cheesy at times, but some days the right one will hit you and might even revolutionize the way you think — or at the very least, brighten up you day a bit. Here are seven feminist quotes on confidence and leadership to remind you that we can all be more than we think we are.
1. "Confidence is a journey — not a destination." - Tess Holliday
2. "As long as you take every opportunity to learn more about yourself and fall more in love with yourself every day, you’re doing good." - Zendaya
3. “If your actions create a legacy that inspires others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, then, you are an excellent leader.” - Dolly Parton
4. "When I'm not feeling my best I ask myself, 'What are you gonna do about it?' I use the negativity to fuel the transformation into a better me." - Beyonce
5. "Just believe in yourself. Even if you don't, pretend that you do and, at some point, you will." - Venus Williams
6. "You should be able to talk about yourself for a good minute in a very upbeat way. I think that a lot of young women aren't even encouraged to hear—physically hear—their voices. And as women, we carry those insecurities on." - Michelle Obama
7. "Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent." - Eleanor Roosevelt
Want more of Bustle's Sex and Relationships coverage? Check out our new podcast, I Want It That Way, which delves into the difficult and downright dirty parts of a relationship, and find more on our Soundcloud page.
Images: Unsplash; Giphy (7)