Just when you thought you couldn't love Starbucks any more than you already do, it gave us another delicious drink to drool over: the Cherry Blossom Frappuccino. This new, fruity drink is perfect for springtime sipping, but since it's only available for five short days (yes, you read that right), you're going to need to know how to make a Starbucks Cherry Blossom Frappuccino at home.
This sweet and creamy blended drink combines the fruity flavors of strawberries, the richness of white chocolate, and just a hint of smooth matcha flavor, making it compulsively drinkable and instantly addicting. The Frappuccino made its debut in the U.S. this spring, but it's actually been offered in stores in Japan since 2010. It was good news for Starbucks lovers across America this week when they found out the cherry blossom-inspired drink would be hitting stores nationwide.
The bad news? Starbucks is only offering the Cherry Blossom Frappuccino until March 20, the first day of spring, so you better get your fill of the limited time offering before it's too late. Or, you could do what I do, and try to hack the menu so you can create your own deliciously blended beverage from the comfort of your own home.
If you're already feeling withdrawals from this limited springtime treat, here is a simple way to make the Starbucks Cherry Blossom Frappuccino at home.
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup chopped strawberries
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. matcha powder, plus morefor topping
- Before starting on the Frappuccino, make the white chocolate syrup. In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine milk, vanilla, and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Add in chocolate pieces and stir continually until fully melted. Let cool.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/615/5684f6d0-cf51-0133-77a6-0e7c926a42af.jpg?w=320"/>
- In a blender, add in strawberries, milk, matcha powder, 1/4 cup of the white chocolate syrup, and ice. Blend together until smooth. <img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/615/5683f4a0-cf51-0133-7370-0e8f20e97865.jpg?w=320"/> <img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/615/5682d530-cf51-0133-a291-0e55e2be01e5.jpg?w=320"/>
- In your serving glass, drizzle more white chocolate syrup along the bottom and sides of the cup. Pour the blended strawberry drink, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with matcha poweder, and serve.<img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/615/5682a8b0-cf51-0133-8276-0ed2e059c4cf.jpg?w=320"/> <img src="http://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/615/5682f2d0-cf51-0133-f10b-0a6c20e5e327.jpg?w=320"/> *Note: Extra white chocolate syrup can be stored in an air tight container and refrigerated for up to two weeks.
Simple to make and authentic to taste, this homemade version of the Starbucks Cherry Blossom Frappuccino is a strawberry chocolate dream. Sweet, creamy, and refreshing, this is the perfect drink to sip all springtime long, and now that you know how to make it yourself, you can.
Want more fun food ideas? Check out Bustle on YouTube.
Images: Sadie Trombetta