4 Dirty Apartment Dealbreakers for Dates
My my, what a bunch of clean freaks we are! A new Rent.com survey of 1,000 single Americans found a date's dirty apartment was a major turnoff for 78 percent. And 82 percent said they've got their eye on how clean or dirty a date's apartment is. So aside from not having Hoarders-level clutter, what do we look for in a potential mate's place? Here are the biggest "apartment turn-ons" according to the survey.
- A clean bathroom and kitchen — prized by 49 percent of men and 58 percent of women.
- Family photos in sight — ladies dig this more than men, with 15 percent considering it a good sign, compared to 7 percent of men.
- Nice books and magazines — Most important to 10 percent of women and 13 percent of men. You're careful pruning of your visible bookshelves works!
- A king size bed — the surest way to 11 percent of men and 4 percent of women's hearts.
And the dirty apartment sins most likely to send dates running?
- A dirty bathroom — pretty equal-opportunity repulsive, cited as the biggest apartment turnoff to 47 percent of women and 41 percent of men.
- Empty beer bottles lying around —the biggest turnoff for 22 percent of women and 14 percent of men. Take out your darn recycling before a date, folks.
- Dirty dishes — a dating don't for 15 percent of men and 13 percent of women.
- Rude roommates — 19 percent of men and 11 percent of women said annoying cohabitants were a dating dealbreaker.