April 10 is National Sibling Day, which means that it's time to start stocking up on nice things to say to your brothers and sisters. I've gone ahead and helped you out a little bit by rounding up 10 National Sibling Day quotes that extrapolate on just how lucky you are to have your kin. Seriously, just ask an only child.
Siblings have a unique relationship that goes beyond your usual friendships. Your brothers and sisters have known you from the start (if not vice versa), and they have seen you grow from an infant into an adult. In today's constantly moving culture, that's an amazing thing.
While we all inevitably change as we become adults, there are pieces of us that always stay the same. Siblings know what those things are, and they know how to bring them out of you no matter how old you get. Haven't you ever noticed how much you revert back into being a child when you're hanging out with them?
Call up your siblings this Sunday and let them know how important they are to you. There are a lot of wonderful things in this life, but brothers and sisters undeniably top that list.
1. "I do find the sibling connection endlessly fascinating, as I do all family dynamics. I like how siblings seem to create their own parentless mini-civilization within a family, one that has its own laws, myths, language, humor, its own loyalties and treacheries." — Jandy Nelson
2. "My siblings are my best friends." — America Ferrera
3. "If parents are the fixed stars in the child's universe, the vaguely understood, distant but constant celestial spheres, siblings are the dazzling, sometimes scorching comets whizzing nearby." — Alison Gopnik
4. "We all have competitive relationships with our siblings." — John Benjamin Hickey
5. "Siblings are the guarantors that the private childhood world — so unlike the adult world that scientists are only just beginning to understand it — is a fully shared and objective one." — Alison Gopnik
6. "When you have a lot of siblings, you always do something to feel special." — Lee Daniels
7. "Your parents leave you too soon and your kids and spouse come along late, but your siblings know you when you are in your most inchoate form." — Jeffrey Kluger
8. "At Christmas, it's my siblings running around the house, we're cooking, talking, laughing, loud and just crazy. It's beautiful chaos." — Tika Sumpter
9. "I am the youngest of four siblings, and we're all so close. I don't know where I would be without my brothers and sister." — Marissa Jaret Winokur
10. "Having lots of siblings is like having built-in best friends." — Kim Kardashian