17 Sister Quotes For National Siblings Day, Because Nobody Knows You Like Your Sis
If you're lucky enough to have a sister, you better cherish her. These 17 sister quotes for National Siblings Day will explain to you why if you haven't quite figured it out yet.
It's true, sisters can be a major pain in the butt sometimes... but if we're being honest here, everybody you love can be a major pain in the butt sometimes. More than anybody, sisters know how to push buttons, but they also know how to comfort you when you're at your lowest. From your highest highs to your lowest lows, they're there for you.
No matter how many fights you might get into and no matter how many times your sister gets on your nerves, the fact of the matter is, she's blood. There's a special connection between siblings that can't be broken easily, and sisters in particular seem to be the most deeply bound together.
These 17 quotes get to the heart of the relationship quickly. It's not simple, but though the complexity of sister relationships can be deep and entangled, they're always just as strong for those same reasons. If you've got a sister, let her know how much you love her this April 10 for National Siblings Day.
1. "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." — Margaret Mead
2. "A sister is both your mirror — and your opposite." — Elizabeth Fishel
3. "For there is no friend like a sister in calm or stormy weather; To cheer one on the tedious way, to fetch one if one goes astray, to lift one if one totters down, to strengthen whilst one stands." — Christina Rossetti
4. "Is solace anywhere more comforting than that in the arms of a sister." — Alice Walker
5. "You can kid the world, but not your sister." — Charlotte Gray
6. "I always like to win. But I'm the big sister. I want to make sure she has everything, even if I don't have anything. It's hard. I love her too much. That's what counts." — Venus Williams
7. "Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other." — Carol Saline
8. "What’s the good of news if you haven’t a sister to share it?" — James DeVries
9. "A sister smiles when one tells one’s stories — for she knows where the decoration has been added." — Chris Montaigne
10. "There's nobody in the world that knows me better than my sister." — Tia Mowry
11. "Sisters, as you know, also have a unique relationship. This is the person who has known you your entire life, who should love you and stand by you no matter what, and yet it’s your sister who knows exactly where to drive the knife to hurt you the most." — Lisa See
12. "The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend." — Cali Rae Turner
13. "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there." — Amy Li
14. "There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me." — Mary Montagu
15. "When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?" — Pam Brown
16. "My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom." — Shannon Celebi
17. "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." — Isadora James
Images: Pexels; Giphy (4)