There are family members you have to call up on Sunday — don't worry, you didn't miss Mother's Day. I'm talking about your brothers and sisters. April 10 is National Sibling Day, and since brothers are super chill (well, it's true!), I've gone ahead and rounded up a batch of National Sibling Day quotes to share with your sister instead.
Sisters can be tricky. They can be awesome, yes, but they can also be tricky. And what do I mean by that? I think it's fair to say that every sister relationship can have its fair share of competitiveness in it. The younger one always wants to outdo the older one, and the older one always wants to be in charge of the younger one. That being said, life just wouldn't be as fun without a sister. No matter how many fights you get into, it's worth it.
This roundup of quotes is a bit eclectic, honing in on both the magical soul-ties of sisters, as well as some of the irks of having them. Depending on your sister's sense of humor (or lack there of), you'll want to choose accordingly... but that shouldn't be too hard. After all, who do you know better than your own sis?
1. “Sister. She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.” — Barbara Alpert
2. “Of two sisters one is always the watcher, one the dancer.” — Louise Glück
3. “May and I are sisters. We'll always fight, but we'll always make up as well. That's what sisters do: we argue, we point out each other's frailties, mistakes, and bad judgment, we flash the insecurities we've had since childhood, and then we come back together. Until the next time.” — Lisa See
4. “Big sisters are the crab grass in the lawn of life.” — Charles M. Schulz
5. “We hang out, we help one another, we tell one another our worst fears and biggest secrets, and then just like real sisters, we listen and don't judge.” — Adriana Trigiani
6. “That's the best thing about little sisters: They spend so much time wishing they were elder sisters that in the end they're far wiser than the elder ones could ever be.” — Gemma Burgess
7. “A young lady's most natural ally is her sister although sometimes our own relatives are as inscrutable to us as an antipodean.” — Anna Godbersen
8. “'Come on Grace, I'm not going to tell on you. I'm your sister.' And that's all she has to say.” — Robin Epstein
9. “At this point, none of us are sure why we fight. We’re sisters. We need no good reason to fight, even though we have plenty of them.” — Ken Wheaton
10. “Sisterhood was about shared experiences, trust, knowing you had people who would be there for you and would listen to you no matter what, and who could always tell if there was something wrong. They were the ones who, with a single look, knew if you were about to burst into giggles or into tears and why, and who knew when you needed to get out of the house for a midnight trip to In-N-Out Burger to gorge on a milkshake and animal-style fries. They were the ones you could be raging angry with one moment, and completely forgive 10 minutes later. She would always be there for her sisters, and they would always be there for her, because they loved each other no matter what.” — Michelle Madow
11. “A sister is God’s way of proving He doesn’t want us to walk alone.” — Anonymous
12. “We were secret sisters with a plan for world domination, potential bubbling around us like champagne.” — Laurie Halse Anderson
13. “Nobody fights you like your own sister; nobody else knows the most vulnerable parts of you and will aim for them without mercy.” — Jojo Moyes
14. “You are blood. You are sisters. No man can break that bond.” — Kim Boykin
Images: Fotolia; Giphy (3)