13 Funny Prom Quotes To Help You Survive The Night With A Laugh
Remember those awkward high school years? Or maybe you're just now living them... either way, you're going to need a slew of funny prom quotes to get you through the gawkiness of teenage dances. Don't worry, these quotes below will get the job done.
The good news is, though the thought of your high school self may make you cringe, it's pretty much that way for everyone involved. Even the popular kids look back on their prom photos with some serious embarrassment. No matter what you wear to prom, 10 years later it's going to be the least trendy look on the market (just look at 2005 prom dresses if you don't believe me). That's just a fact, so don't sweat it too much in the moment. And on that note, the same goes for hairstyles and makeup.
So how do you make it through prom, or revisit prom memories without wanting to melt into a slimy ball of bashfulness? You laugh at yourself, of course. You don't need a date to make prom fun, and you don't need to have been prom queen to look back at the defining event with a smile — all you need are some hilarious words and the ability to admit how dorky prom really is.
1. "'Getting you a date to prom is so hard that the hypothetical idea itself is actually used to cut diamonds,' I added. Radar tapped a locker twice with his fist to show his approval, and then came back with another. 'Ben, getting you a date to prom is so hard that the American government believes the problem cannot be solved with diplomacy, but will instead require force.'" — John Green
2. "According to Sarah, who had gone two years ago, prom was famous for being an overpriced disappointment where most people had no fun." — Cammie McGovern
3. "Nobody wants to give up a weekend-long excuse to dress up and attempt to outshine one another." — Elizabeth Eulberg
4. "'Prom' is a movie that follows a bunch of high-schoolers' lives leading up to the prom, the climax of the movie. It focuses all their struggles and the social pressures that prom creates on their lives." — Cameron Monaghan
5. "I was fascinated by my own prom pictures." — Mary Ellen Mark
6. "Prom has all the elements of a popular story. It reeks of all-Americanness, tension, drama. It has romance. Pretty dresses. Dancing. Limos. High school. Coming of age." — Adora Svitak
7. "I was meant to date the captain of the football team, I was going to be on a romantic excursion every Saturday night, I was destined to be collecting corsages from every boy in town before prom, accepting such floral offerings like competing sacrifices to a Delphic goddess." — Elizabeth Wurtzel
8. "I'm always hopeful. I feel like I'm at the prom sitting against the wall waiting for someone to ask me to dance." — Sarah Dessen
9. "It wasn't that no one asked me to the prom, it was that no one would tell me where it was." — Rita Rudner
10. "Buffy's very similar to me to me when I was growing up. A child in an adult world, sort of trapped between the two. Does Buffy go to the prom or does she save the world from demons?" — Sarah Michelle Gellar
11. "I didn't go to prom because I was too punk." — Shamir
12. "In high school I never went to the prom because I was too consumed with gymnastics. Also, with my hair in pigtails and looking about 10, I wasn't exactly date material." — Cathy Rigby
13. "When I was in high school, we were, like, 4,000 or 5,000 students, and 50 girls — and I didn't have a date for my prom. My father paid my cousin to take me." — Iman
Images: Images: Paramount Pictures; Giphy (3)