Anxiety is one of the toughest battles you can face in your life, not only because it can wreak havoc on your physical body as much as your mentality, but because it is essentially you against your own mind. The good news is that it can be overcome, and these 15 inspiring quotes about overcoming anxiety will hopefully help encourage you.
In my opinion, the biggest problem regarding anxiety and mental health today is that it's not spoken of enough. There is peace in knowing that you are not the only one who sometimes can't get to bed at night or deal with being in large crowds. There is strength in talking about it to people who know exactly what you are saying and feeling.
In many ways anxiety is a tabooed topic in today's culture. Let's put an end to that. Feeling overwhelmed is not something that we should hide, and the more we discuss it and delve into it in regular conversation, the more likely we will be to conquer it. Whether you are struggling with anxiety right now in your life, or simply want to have some words of wisdom in the back of your mind for the next time it does strike, these 15 quotes can provide a lot of power.
1. "I know but one freedom and that is the freedom of the mind." — Antoine de Saint-Exupery
2. "I promise you nothing is as chaotic as it seems. Nothing is worth your health. Nothing is worth poisoning yourself into stress, anxiety, and fear." — Steve Maraboli
3. "You can’t always control what goes on outside. But you can always control what goes on inside." — Wayne Dyer
4. "Its not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it." — Hans Selye
5. "Nothing is permanent in this wicked world — not even our troubles." — Charlie Chaplin
6. "People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them." — George Bernard Shaw
7. "Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries." — Astrid Alauda
8. "Smile, breathe, and go slowly." — Thich Nhat Hanh
9. "The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another." — William James
10. "You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings." — Pearl S. Buck
11. “Nothing diminishes anxiety faster than action.” — Walter Anderson
12. "You don’t have to control your thoughts. You just have to stop letting them control you." — Dan Millman
13. "You wouldn’t worry so much about what others think of you if you realized how seldom they do." — Eleanor Roosevelt
14. "When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be. When I let go of what I have, I receive what I need." — Tao Te Ching
15. "We must be willing to let go of the life we’ve planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." — Joseph Campbell