12 Drake 'Views' Lyrics That Make You Want To Text Your Ex
It's official, I'm now a complete and utter emotional wreck. If, like me, you're a little bit overly sensitive and have had Views , the latest album by Drake playing on repeat in the background of your workday, then you too may have been slowly obliterated by the emotional firecrackers of lyrics that Drizzy has laced so many of his songs with. Like many men who have had a big influence in my life, me and Drake haven't always seen eye to eye, and his obsession with good girls and with judging women who might not meet his moral expectations (I'm still totally sore about those "Hotline Bling" lyrics), have truly had a habit of rubbing me up the wrong way. But I'm totally hearing him pouring his little heart out in the most emotional lyrics of Views and I'm loving it.
I don't know about you, but something about hearing those fresh lyrical wounds of a love gone wrong leaping from Views just makes me want to spend the evening offering forgiveness to exes, giving back stolen t-shirts to them and catching up with the one (or the ones) who got away. If these lyrics don't pummel you directly in the soft vortex of your emotional core then I feel bad for you, lady. Call a coroner because you could well be dead inside.
1. The Lines Which Understand That Your Heart Isn't For Playing
It definitely ain't cheap, kinda crappy, or disposable, babe.
2. The Lyrics Which Remind You That You Can't Change Someone
Just move on, bruh.
3. The Verse Which Gets All Too Real About Breakups
4. The Rhyme That Gets Your Need For Closure
Shut it down, and move on.
5. The Lines Which Understand How Hurtful A Look Can Be
Like, who even are you?
6. The Verse Which Surmises That Breakdown Of Communication
You know it's bad when you're using a stone cold stare to communicate something which would normally require a half hour argument, a glass of rum, and a day of silence to follow it.
7. The Chorus Which Understands And Celebrates Your Worth
Amen to that. Turn heel and walk away, doll.
8. The Lyrics Which Totally Understand Your Desire
But like, you kind of never find the words to express that you even want these simple things in the first place, right?
9. The Phrase That Feels Like Drake Overheard Your Last Public Argument (And Is Totally On Your Side)
Seriously, can we just talk about this later?
10. The Lines Which Hit Hard About Being Honest
I love sugar, but honey, there's a time and a place for it.
11. The Lines Which Understands How Messy It Can All Get
In my experience the only things that vodka should be mixed with is orange juice, your favouite girlfriends and a playlist of embarrassing songs from the '90s.
12. The Lyrics That Totally Feel Why You Hate Drama
100 percent rage.
Oof, that was therapeutic. I don't know about you but Drake has definitely helped me to rip the band-aids from several years worth of hurt right there. Keep it emotional, Drizzy.
Images: Giphy (12)