15 Pickup Lines Guaranteed To Work On A Book Lover
Everyone, including science, knows that book nerds make the best romantic partners, so if you're single and looking for love, maybe it's time you considered dating a reader. To land a library-going lover, you could hang out at the local bookstore, become a regular attendee at poetry readings, or simply trying out one of these bookish pickup lines guaranteed to work on a book lover. Trust me, one simple literary pun, and you've got a reader weak in the knees.
Like most pickup lines, literary ones are a work of are perfectly crafted for breaking the ice with a cute stranger, only bookish ones are specifically designed with readers in mind. A good pickup line needs to be equal parts funny, clever, and sexy without being too corny or rude, a simple phrase you can use to grab someone's attention and use as a jumping off point for a new conversation. A lot of pickup lines use wordplay, flattery, and innuendo, including the reading-related ones. The only difference is. that they use book titles, author names, literary terms, and famous bookish couples instead of cheesy lines to make booknerds swoon.
Whether you're trying to pick up the cute town librarian, impress the hottie that's always reading their Kindle at the bar, or finally ask that girl out you see reading on the train every morning, it always helps to have a few bookish pickup lines locked and loaded. Here are 15 perfect ones you can use to win over the book-loving apple of your eye.
1. "Is that a hardcover, or are you just happy to see me?"
2. "Boy, you must be a library book, because I can't stop checking you out."
3. "If you were a book, I'd need glasses, because you'd definitely be fine print."
4. "Are you a thriller? Because I can't seem to put you down."
5. "It would be both a Crime and Punishment if you don’t let me take you out."
6. "You're body is so banging, what do you say we make a sequel."
7. "Call me Big Brother, because I've been watching you all night."
8. "Did I just step into an E. M. Forster novel? Because any room with you in it is A Room with a View."
9. "You're so sexy, I'd even let you fold my pages dog-eared style."
10. "You must be the Lord of my flies, because they'll only unzip for you."
11. "Call me William S. Burroughs, because I want to Naked Lunch with you."
12. "I hope you don't have a roommate, because tonight, I want to make a lot of The Sound and the Fury with you."
13. "Are you reading Fahrenheit 451? Because damn, you're smoking."
14. "Want to come back to my place to see my huge Phillip K. Dick collection?"
15. "What do you say we get out of here and find A Room of One's Own?"
Images: Walt Disney Pictures; Giphy (7)