Graduation season has officially commenced across the country, which means it's time to start stocking up on some quotations. While there is no shortage of quotes when it comes to commencement speeches and helpful words of wisdom, things seem to always sound a little sweeter to the ear when they make you laugh a little bit on the inside, which is why you'll be pleased to know that I've rounded up funny graduation quotes for you to share with your friends after you've switched your tassels to the left.
Life is no joke, but sometimes you can still make a joke out of it to make things seem a little less daunting. Whether you're graduating from high school, college, or an even higher level of education, it's never easy to leave the seemingly secure academic bubble you've been living in for the past however many years. There are no rules in the game of life, and no matter how much preparing you do for your first few steps into the "real world" (or your next academic bubble), surprises are likely to come at you before you can even realize it. All that being said, don't fret. Instead, laugh it off. You need to take life seriously, and believe it or not, humor can help you do that.
1. "Life has no remote. Get up and change it yourself." — Mark A. Cooper
2. "You will find the key to success under the alarm clock." — Benjamin Franklin
3. "Life is an improvisation. You have no idea what's going to happen next and you are mostly just making things up as you go along." — Stephen Colbert
4. "You will never have more energy or enthusiasm, hair, or brain cells than you have today." — Tom & Ray Magliozzi
5. "Minds are like parachutes — they only function when open." — Thomas Dewar
6. "I just listened to that inner voice. By the way, it's always a good move to listen to that inner voice... if it doesn't lead to a crime." — Lisa Kudrow
7. "The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary." — Vidal Sassoon
8. "I did fail. Time and time again. I was too short for this or too strange for that. I even had one casting director for a movie say 'he'll never work in comedy.' I was taking my punches but I was in the fight. That's a metaphor of course, I highly doubt I have any ability to take an actual punch." — Charlie Day
9. "So long as your desire to explore is greater than your desire to not screw up, you're on the right track." — Ed Helms
10. "If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito." — Bette Reese
11. "Follow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that." — Ellen Degeneres