13 High School Graduation Quotes For 2016, Because Your Adult Life Is About To Start
High school graduation is a time unlike any other in your life because it not only celebrates your completion of an academic achievement, but it also serves as a sort of celebration for your transition into adulthood. These high school graduation quotes do an excellent job at providing wisdom for the upcoming journey of life, and information like that could come at no better time than when you're exiting high school.
After you are handed your diploma and walk off of the commencement stage, you really are entering a new and exciting chapter of your life. If you haven't turned 18 yet, you will be shortly, and with all that freedom can come an equal amount of confusion and anxiety. First things first: don't fret. Second things second: take some good advice.
From Eleanor Roosevelt and Nora Ephron to E.E. Cummings and Malcolm X, these 13 quotes are as reliable and as inspirational as it gets. While you might think you can handle the world on your own, you'll likely soon come to realize that a little help isn't such a bad idea. The world may be your oyster, but you'll have a lot easier of a time shucking it if you heed this advice from some of the greats.
1. "Graduation is not the end; it's the beginning." — Orrin Hatch
2. "Take pride in how far you've come. Have faith in how far you can go. But don't forget to enjoy the journey." — Michael Josephson
3. "The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. "Your education is a dress rehearsal for a life that is yours to lead." — Nora Ephron
5. "Don't be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated; you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps." — David Lloyd George
6. "Every person you meet knows something you don't; learn from them." — H. Jackson Brown Jr.
7. "To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe." — Anatole France
8. "When you take risks, you learn that there will be times when you succeed and there will be times when you fail, and both are equally important." — Ellen DeGeneres
9. "What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. "Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful." — Albert Schweitzer
11. "Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other." — John F. Kennedy
12. "It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are." — E.E. Cummings
13. Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." — Malcolm X