42 Ariana Grande "Dangerous Woman" Lyrics That Are Too Sexy For Words
Friday May 20 was a big day for pop music: Ariana Grande's new album Dangerous Woman dropped and it's all sorts of hot. Clearly, Ms. Grande is all grown up and she doesn't care who knows it. The album is sonically diverse – there's reggae, deep house, trap-pop and doo-wop. But thematically, it's as unified as it is musically all over the place. Dangerous Woman constitutes a 15 song-long fight for every girl who's been pigeonholed as classy and elegant (and thus frigid) to be as sexual as she wants to be, summarized in the immortal line: "Ain't you ever seen a princess be a bad bitch?"
Grande proves she can hold her own when placed alongside some stars who really know how to bring the heat — think Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj and Future — and, as a result, her Nickelodeon child-star past never seemed more irrelevant. So if you're looking for an album full of seriously steamy lines to sing along to as you get in the mood for your hot Saturday night date, look no further. Ms Grande is here, so get prepared: the temperature's about to rise, sharply.
1. “Got These Thoughts In My Head/ Ain’t No Way To Forget/ Got Me Losing My Breath”
Caution: intense crushes may lead to shortness of breath around the object of your desire.
2. “Nobody Got Me The Way That You Did/ Had My Eyes Rolling Back/ Had Me Arching My Back”
Definitive proof that sex is so much more fun than yoga.
3. “Now You Love Me So Good/ I Wish You Would Hurry Up And Come Back”
You know they're good when you're immediately ready for a second helping.
4. “See You Standing Over There With Your Body/ Feeling Like I Wanna Rock With Your Body”
Sure, the repetition of "body" is a little much — but we get what Grande's saying. That moment where it's all about your body and their body. Electric.
5. “And We Don’t Gotta Think ‘Bout Nothin’”
Basically the best thing about an orgasm, right? The to-do list can wait until tomorrow.
6. “Cause I Know You Got A Bad Reputation/ Doesn’t Matter Cause You Give Me Temptation”
It's a cliché for a reason: the bad boy is the little black dress of crushes. Never not relevant.
7. “Making’ Everyone Think That We Solo/ Just As Long As You Know You Got Me (You Got Me)”
Um, forbidden love being kept a secret from everyone you know? Let's all just stop pretending this isn't hot.
8. “Cause Tonight I’m Making Deals With The Devil/ And I Know It’s Gonna Get Me In Trouble/ Just As Long As You Know You Got Me”
The eternal joy of the bad influence.
9. “Wrist Icicle, Ride Dick Bicycle/ Come True Yo, Get You This Type Of Blow, If You Wanna Menage I Got A Tricycle”
BEST LINE. No. No. Not that other one. Not that one. This one. Going to the tattoo parlor immediately to get it stamped on my forehead. Just try and stop me.
10. “Rappers In They Feelings Cause They Feelin’ Me”
What's hotter than the idea of making a rapper, emotionally numb from groupies, totally into you? Because you're THAT special.
11. “But Close Ain’t Close Enough ’Til We Cross The Line, Baby/ So Name A Game To Play And I’ll Roll The Dice, Hey”
Games are hot. I'd like to be a mature adult who just clearly states their feelings and is like "If you feel the same, great. If not, I get it: we're both individuals with free will." But LBR: that's not as fun as not texting back for two weeks and then texting back at 3 a.m. on a Friday night.
12. “So Baby Come Light Me Up And Maybe I’ll Let You On It/ A Little Bit Dangerous, But Baby That’s How I Want It”
Because orgasms are hot.
13. “Oh Baby, Look What You Started/ The Temperature’s Rising In Here”
Because sexual chemistry is hot.
14. “Got Everyone Watchin’ Us, So Baby, Let’s Keep It Secret/ A Little Bit Scandalous, But Baby Don’t Let Them See It/ A Little Less Conversation And A Little More Touch My Body”
Because gossip and then making out in a place no one can see is hot.
15. “Cause I Can’t, I Can’t Wait No More/ I’m On The Edge With No Control”
Losing control is hot. Look, even Joy Division sang about it. Must be true.
16. “I Know That I’m Coming Tonight/ You Know That I’m Coming Tonight”
Because nothing is hotter than a guarantee of an orgasm. In the words of Ariana Grande, "Quenched."
17. “I Ain’t Talking Money, I’m Just Physically Obsessed”
See, Gordon Gekko was right. Greed IS good.
18. “Anytime, Anywhere, Baby Boy, I Can Misbehave”
Grande preaches the truth: it doesn't always have to be in a bed.
19. “Breathe Me In, Breathe Me Out, Fill Me Up, Running Through Your Veins”
This line captures the overwhelming, obsessive, exciting feeling of being with someone who it just works with.
20. “I Put That Work On You Everyday/ When The Night Fall ’Til The Sun Come”
It doesn't always have to be about taking: giving's just as much fun.
21. “You Don’t Know, You Don’t Know, You Don’t Know/ What It Does To Me When I Feel You Around”
This line works as a celebration of the beginning — the uncertainty of whether or not feelings are reciprocated — when feelings are the most overwhelming of all.
22. “Is It Love? Is It Lust? Is It Fear?/ But It’s Hard To Breathe When You’re Touching Me There”
I like this because it's so real. This is a rejection of Hollywood's vision of romance. Part of the fun of being with someone is that it's scary and exciting all at once.
23. “Hard To Breathe When You’re Kissing Me There”
This hard to breathe lyric gets repeated in different ways throughout the album: one thing's for sure, whoever Grande's singing about has an intense effect on her.
24. “I’m Locked And Loaded/ Completely Focused, My Mind Is Open”
That moment where everything slows down and you can't help but focus on the one thing that's taking place. Sex: heaven for compulsive multi-taskers.
25. “All That You Got, Skin To Skin, Oh My God/ Don’t You Stop, Boy”
Because we've all been there.
26. “I Want To Savor, Save It For Later”
If someone could bottle up the sensation of lovemaking, they'd be a bazillionaire.
27. “The Taste Of Flavor, Because I’m A Taker”
Oh la la!
28. “‘Cause I’m A Giver, It’s Only Nature/ I Live For Danger”
Contradictory, but I like it. Aren't most of us just a mix of both?
29. “Something Bout You Makes Me Feel Like A Dangerous Woman/ Something 'Bout, Something 'Bout, Something 'Bout You/ Makes Me Wanna Do Things That I Shouldn’t”
When meeting the right person unlocks a whole different side to you.
30. “Every Look, Every Touch/ Makes Me Wanna Give You My Heart”
Hot because it's as much about the emotional passion as the physical.
31. “I Kiss His Fingertips/ As I’m Wishing He’s All Mine”
Because women can woo too.
32. “He’s Giving Me Some Elvis/ With Some James Dean In His Eyes”
Because James Dean.
33. “Puts His Lips On My Neck/ Makes Me Want To Give Him My Body”
Grande's two line version of "The Foreplay Guide For Dummies."
34. “You’re The One I’m Feeling As I’m Laying On Your Chest”
Grande's vulnerability in the bedroom is so relatable: the way that physical contact opens up whole new emotional landscapes.
35. “Good Conversation Got Me Holding My Breath”
Seriously, though. What's hotter than a flirt-off?
36. “I Say, “Girl, You Need A Hot Boy”
Amen! A man who knows what you need.
37. “And What You Need Your Ex For? I’m Triple X, Lord”
See two lines up: lyrical dexterity is as hot as an orgasm.
38. “Then The Mood Change/ My Name Change From Lil' Wayne to Oooh Wayne”
39. “We Got That Hot Love/ We Got That I Don’t Give A What Love”
When you're so into someone, everyone else around them disappears. Social propriety? Who cares?
40. “We Got That One Life/ Give Me That All Night”
The sweet spot between one night stand and happily ever after.
41. “We Got That Fire”
It takes two to tango.
42. “They Say It’s Wrong But/ That’s The Way You Turn Me On”
What's hotter than indulging your own private kink?
Phew! Look what you started Grande — "the temperature's rising." If there's a sudden spike in babies being born in February 2017, we know who to blame. This is music to make love(/babies) to.
Images: Giphy (20)