15 Short Graduation Quotes To Sneak Into Your 2016 Commencement Speech
Sometimes the best quotations are the ones that are made up of the fewest words. These short graduation quotes are exactly that. Coming in at under 12 words each, these quotes are by authors, inventors, philosophers, and artists who don't get their tongues tied. Instead, they just say it how it is in a few highly curated words.
Whether you're looking for something to scribble in your friends' yearbooks or you need a short but sweet quote to state during a commencement speech, these quotations below are perfect to get the job done. They manage to say so much while using so little of the English language.
A graduation is probably the time of one’s life when the most advice is needed. While you can’t stop life from coming at you, you can be wise about how you respond to it. Take a read through these 15 quotations, and make sure you take them to heart as you do it. It even wouldn’t hurt to inscribe a few of them in your brain for future use. They’re short, after all, so it shouldn’t be too difficult to remember your favorite ones. I can guarantee that they will come in handy at some point during the next few years!
1. "Hitch your wagon to a star." — Ralph Waldo Emerson
2. "Keep in mind that neither success nor failure is ever final." — Roger Babson
3. "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." — Mark Twain
4. "If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door." — Milton Berle
5. "Spread joy. Chase your wildest dreams." — Patch Adams
6. "The important thing is not to stop questioning." — Albert Einstein
7. "The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet." — Aristotle
8. "The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows." — Sydney J. Harris
9. "There are no shortcuts to any place worth going." — Beverly Sills
10. "We don’t stop going to school when we graduate." — Carol Burnett
11. "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." — Francis Bacon
12. "Wherever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius
13. "An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest." — Benjamin Franklin
14. "Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude." — Ralph Marston
15. "Knowledge is power." — Francis Bacon