13 Graduation Quotes About The Future For 2016, In Case You Need A Little Inspiration
The one thing that's on every graduate's mind is the future. For that reason, these 13 graduation quotes about the future are in high demand this time of the year as commencements start occurring all over the country.
The future can be scary if you don't plan ahead for it. It can also be terrifying if you try too hard to stick to a path. So how to resolve this problem? Do a little planning today while still managing to live entirely in the present. If you need some tips on how to do this (and we probably all do), then you're in luck, because the likes of Dr. Seuss and Malcolm X have some useful words of wisdom to share below.
If there’s one thing to remember as you make your way through the journey of life, it’s to never give up on the days ahead. No matter how challenging the present may seem, and no matter how many times you fall down, you should always have hope for a brighter and better tomorrow. A world without hope is not a world worth living in. The future is bright, and it is entirely yours if you have the motivation and strength to take it.
1. "The future starts today, not tomorrow." — Pope John Paul II
2. "The most glorious moments in your life are not the so-called days of success, but rather those days when out of dejection and despair you feel rise in you a challenge to life, and the promise of future accomplishments." — Gustave Flaubert
3. "Only you can control your future." — Dr. Seuss
4. "You can't connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something — your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life." — Steve Jobs
5. "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny but in ourselves." — William Shakespeare
6. "As long as we are persistent in our pursuit of our deepest destiny, we will continue to grow. We cannot choose the day or time when we will fully bloom. It happens in its own time." — Denis Waitley
7. "Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today." — Malcolm X
8. "Memories are the key not to the past, but to the future." — Corrie Ten Boom
9. "Let others lead small lives, but not you. Let others argue over small things, but not you. Let others cry over small hurts, but not you. Let others leave their future in someone else's hands, but not you." — Jim Rohn
10. "The past, the present and the future are really one: they are today." — Harriet Beecher Stowe
11. "If you do not think about your future, you cannot have one." — John Galsworthy
12. "Destiny is no matter of chance. It is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved." — William Jennings Bryan
13. "Life is divided into three terms — that which was, which is, and which will be. Let us learn from the past to profit by the present, and from the present, to live better in the future." — William Wordsworth