Kit Harington Doesn't Look Like This Anymore
Kit Harington has stirred up, yet, another heated debate on the Internet, but this time, it has nothing to do with a devastating storyline on his hit HBO series, Game of Thrones. Following a performance of Doctor Fautus Wednesday night (the London stage production that the 29-year-old actor is currently starring in) Harington revealed a rather shocking look when he greeted fans. Accompanying the remnants of stage makeup, Harington displayed a fresh baby face complete without a beard. DEAR GOD, WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?!?!
Though this is clearly not the first time the British star has shaved his facial hair ever in his life (See: his roles in Testament of Youth and 7 Days in Hell), it is a shocking revelation for fans who have been examining every strand of Harington's luscious locks to determine whether or not his infamous character, Jon Snow, will remain on Game of Thrones. Yeah, Jon's alive on the show now, but Jon also has a beard! Does Harington shaving his mean that Jon dies AGAIN?!
Slow down, guys. First, let's just quickly try to rationalize this. Recently, the GoT fan favorite told The Sunday Times that he wanted to move past the insane buzz his curls and whiskers have created, “I like to think of myself as more than a head of hair or a set of looks. It’s demeaning,” said Harington. Still, whatever the reason is, let's hope that it is definitely to recreate a circa-'90s 10 Things I Hate About You Heath Ledger movie poster (don't tell me you don't see the resemblance) or because he has officially extended his Season 7 GoT contract.
Despite our collective shock at Harington's bare face, it is impossible to deny our emotions remain to run high surrounding his grooming habits. So, in an effort to laugh through the pain, here are the best memes and jokes to get you through the real-life horror story of Harington shaving his beard.
1. Realizing Kit Harington Looks Way More Like Heath Ledger Than You Ever Noticed
Told ya so.
2. Questioning If This Is The Worst Day Of Your Life
...and month, and year, and day, just everything.
3. Contemplating His Health In The Winter Season Of Game Of Thrones
Can Jon Snow actually handle the snow?!
4. Having An Identity Crisis
We know nothing.
5. Racking Your Brain To Understand The Decision
At least we'll see him one way or another.
6. JUST NOT HAVING IT
We just cannot right now.
7. Does He Even Wear Clothes Anymore?
Someone get him some armor!
8. Using Beyoncé As A Defence Mechanism
Same B! SAME!
9. Trying To Find More Comparisons
Solely to ease the pain.
10. Moving Away From 10 Things I Hate About You Comparisons To Another '90s Film
The resemblance really is uncanny.
11. Deeply Questioning The News, Ross Geller-Style
We don't know, Ross. We just don't know.
12. Connecting The Dots To Another Viral Phenomenon
Seriously, I want my mommy.
13. Changing The Blame
Because he should!
14. Creating A New Stage Of Grief: Unimpressed
Annalise Keating style, of course!
15. Putting Things Into Perspective For A Change
Yeah, I guess...
16. But Then Remembering What Kit Did All Over Again
It is the problem that keeps on getting worse.
17. And Deciding To Take Matters Into Your Own Hands
Soooo much better, ahhhh!
The only thing left to really say about this life-changing five o'clock shadow dilemma is, ladies, let us hold up our candles and bow our heads because the beard is gone for now. But, thank goodness, hair does grows back. Because seriously Harington, Winter just isn't the same without the snow and you are just not you without your beard.