9 Funny Father's Day Quotes For 2016 From Dads And Kids Alike
Dads — we love them, and they love us, but that doesn't stop the child/father relationship from having some pretty tough, and at times, frustrating moments. Fortunately, as these nine funny Father's Day quotes demonstrate, most of us can laugh at the disconnects between dad and daughter (or son) after the fact (and sometimes during it!). No matter how much your dad might drive you crazy, you always know his intentions are good, and that counts for quite a bit.
From having to pick out a Father's Day gift for your pops to the anxiety-ridden task of being responsible for a tiny human being, it's easy to make jokes about fathers and children. Jon Stewart, Jim Gaffigan, and Jerry Seinfeld definitely agree with me on this front, and their quotes are some of the funniest that exist on the topic of being a dad.
No matter where you are in life, I think you'll get some enjoyment from these quotes below. That's the thing about dads — everyone has one, and everyone can relate. The other important thing to realize about dads is that none of them are perfect, and neither are the children that they raise. Once we can all get past that vitally important truth, the topic of fatherhood becomes a lot more joyful and filled with humor... and who doesn't want that?
1. "When you're young, you think your dad is Superman. Then you grow up, and you realize he's just a regular guy who wears a cape." — Dave Attell
2. "You can tell what was the best year of your father's life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out." — Jerry Seinfeld
3. "There should be a children's song 'If you're happy and you know it, keep it to yourself and let your dad sleep.'" — Jim Gaffigan
4. "My daughter got me a 'World's Best Dad' mug. So we know she's sarcastic." — Bob Odenkirk
5. "Having children is like living in a frat house — nobody sleeps, everything's broken, and there's a lot of throwing up." — Ray Romano
6. "The older I get, the smarter my father seems to get." — Tim Russert
7. "We wondered why when a child laughed, he belonged to Daddy, and when he had a sagging diaper that smelled like a landfill, 'He wants his mother.'" — Erma Bombeck
8. "By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong." — Charles Wadsworth
9. "Fatherhood is great because you can ruin someone from scratch." — Jon Stewart