6 Funny Pride Quotes That Will Make You Laugh
Sometimes the most effective way to make a point is through some humor. These funny Pride quotes aren't afraid to crack some jokes, and I have to say, they do it in a way that truly makes one look at the world in a truthful and eye-opening manner.
Humor can be a powerful tool, and while it is always important to have serious and thoughtful conversations, sometimes the best way to get into a topic is through a great joke. Everybody laughs, and there is something in the communal moments jokes create that tie us all together. Sharing an emotion is something that reminds us all how human we really are, and subsequently, how similar we are.
When you read through these quotes, make sure you do it with some levity in your attitude. You may even want to memorize a couple of them to share with your friends and family during the various Pride weeks that will be taking place around the country. If you need a conversation starter, these beauties will get the job done. Have a few laughs and gain some knowledge while you check out these hilarious words of wisdom — two birds and one giant stone.
1. "My lesbianism is an act of Christian charity. All those women out there praying for a man, and I'm giving them my share." — Rita Mae Brown
2. "If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work: 'Hello. Can't work today, still queer.'" — Robin Tyler
3. "There is nothing wrong with going to bed with someone of your own sex. People should be very free with sex, they should draw the line at goats." — Elton John
4. "My own belief is that there is hardly anyone whose sexual life, if it were broadcast, would not fill the world at large with surprise and horror." — W. Somerset Maugham
5. "If male homosexuals are called 'gay,' then female homosexuals should be called 'ecstatic.'" — Shelly Roberts
6. "My mother took me to a psychiatrist when I was 15 because she thought I was a latent homosexual. There was nothing latent about it." — Amanda Bearse
Image: Seth Doyle/Unsplash