Love is an unbreakable force, and these 13 Pride quotes about love demonstrate just how strong it is. Love is love, and it is not the gender of the people that define it. If there is one thing these gorgeous quotes make clear, it is that love knows no boundaries.
No matter how dark or evil the world may seem at any given time (and especially as of late), it is so vital to remember that love will always conquer hate. You can't fight hate with hate, you can only overcome it with love. It may sound cheesy, but sometimes the greatest truths rest within the the most recited proverbs. In this case, I think that is without a doubt true.
With Pride month in full swing, this is the perfect time to read up on what the greats have had to say about love in the past. Read these quotes today, read them tomorrow, and read them every day that follows. There is so much strength in loving one another, and I don't think there is a single thing that is more important to ingrain into your memory than that. Hate and intolerance will only be defeated once we have conquered humanity with love.
1. "Love isn't something you find. Love is something that finds you." — Loretta Young
2. "Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses." — Ann Landers
3. "Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. "I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear." — Martin Luther King, Jr.
5. "The best thing to hold onto in life is each other." — Audrey Hepburn
6. "Where there is love there is life." — Mahatma Gandhi
7. "The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." — Ferdinand Foch
8. "Love is the best thing in the world, and the thing that lives the longest." — Henry Van Dyke
9. "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." — David Viscott
10. "Love is the flower you've got to let grow." — John Lennon
11. "Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive." — Dalai Lama
12. "Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and fierce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, deep-burning and unquenchable." — Bruce Lee
13. "Love has reasons which reason cannot understand." — Blaise Pascal
Image: Kristina Litvjak/Unsplash