14 Gymnastics Quotes From Olympic Athletes, Because They Know What They're Talking About
It is a known fact that gymnasts are some of the most beloved athletes competing in the Summer Olympics. These 14 gymnastics quotes from Olympic athletes help to demonstrate exactly why that is. These competitors always impress the world with their drive and determination, and they have some pretty inspiring words that are guaranteed to motivate you.
No pool is needed. No javelin must be thrown. Instead, Olympic gymnasts manage to amaze us all with the mere force, strength, and agility of their bodies. It is remarkable to watch a 16 year old cartwheel into a double flip and land like a bolt on her two feet. It is astonishing to see the human body perform in such a disciplined yet elegant way.
Every gymnast who has ever competed in the Olympic games has come a very long way, and their words of advice should not be brushed over. From Gabby Douglas and Jordyn Wieber to Kyla Ross and Nastia Liukin, the following quotes will only help you. No matter what goal you have in mind, apply some of these ladies' knowledge to your own life. I have a feeling it will help you go far in anything you set your mind to.
1. "You have to remember that the hard days are what make you stronger. The bad days make you realize what a good day is. If you never had any bad days, you would never have that sense of accomplishment." — Jordyn Wieber
2. "Practice like you have never won. Perform like you have never lost." — Kyla Ross
3. "I give all the glory to God. The glory goes up to him and the blessings fall down on me." — Gabby Douglas
4. "If you're afraid of failure, you don't deserve success." — Nastia Liukin
5. "You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You've got to get out there and make it happen for yourself." — Kyla Ross
6. "I was told early on in my gymnastics training that I was full of energy but not full of talent. So, believe me, hard work and determination can get you where you want to go." — Shawn Johnson
7. "Being a gymnast means you have the strength to hold on and the courage to let go." — Jordyn Wieber
8. "Being great at your sport has nothing to do with trophies or awards. It has everything to do with the decision to relentlessly chase more progress every day." — Shawn Johnson
9. "Don't practice until you get it right, practice until you can't get it wrong." — McKayla Maroney
10. "My experience is a message to the younger gymnasts and parents that it's not impossible to achieve your dreams if you really persevere and press on, because you never know what will come out of that journey." — Lim Heem Wei
11. "You are the only one that can stop you from being all you can be." — Nastia Liukin
12. "Sometimes you just have to put on your big girl panties and do it whether you want to or not." — Shawn Johnson
13. "There's nothing better than going out there and seeing USA on your leotard." — Aly Raisman
14. "Hard days are best because that's when champions are made." — Gabby Douglas