Gabby Douglas is one of the most inspirational Olympic athletes of our time, and despite her youth, she's chalk full of wisdom. These 15 Gabby Douglas quotes are packed with gems of knowledge, inspiration, and beauty (just like Gabby Douglas herself). If ever there was a gymnast to feel motivated by, it's got to be Douglas. And with the 2016 Olympics in Rio upon us, there's no better time to hear what's on her mind.
Despite the fact that Douglas has earned gold at the Olympic games, her friends, co-gymnasts, and trainers all describe her as being one of the most pleasant people to be around. She's certainly no diva, and instead of putting others down, she's one of the most encouraging athletes on the mat. That takes poise, elegance, and grace — and I'm convinced that Douglas has all three of those qualities.
If you're a gymnast, these quotes are going to hit home for you. If you're not a gymnast, I have a feeling that they'll still hit home for you for you as well. Everybody can learn something useful from Douglas, and whether they're applying it to a competitive sport or life in general, they'll end up headed in the right direction. Now go get your fill of Gabby Douglas knowledge. It's free, it's truthful, and it'll take you far in the game of life. Great things come in small packages, and Douglas is one prime example of that.
1. "Gold medals are made out of sweat, blood, and tears, and effort in the gym every day."
2. "The hard work definitely paid off, and hard work always does."
3. "I've learned how to stay humble. I don't want to get in over my head because when you do that it takes you off your game."
4. "Always be courageous and strong, and don't fear."
5. "You just have to be yourself, and go full with confidence, and be courageous."
6. "By now, you've probably caught on to something: my mother is always standing by with just the right Scripture or inspirational saying to get me through any tough situation."
7. "Gospel music always relaxes me and calms my nerves."
8. "I had to face a lot coming through this journey, a lot of sacrifices, difficulties, challenges, and injuries."
9. "I kind of do think of myself as a superhero and just flying high, and doing these crazy flips."
10. "I want to do all roles. The sky's the limit."
11. "My mom used to tell me when I was little, 'When it rains, it's God's manifestation — a big day's waiting to happen.'"
12. "We can choose a path that leads us into trouble. It all comes down to our decisions at the end of the day."
13. "You've got to be confident when you're competing. You've got to be a beast."
14. "You know, God has a plan for me, and I'm going to follow in his footsteps and just rejoice and be happy."
15. "I accomplished something big and that's a memory I will never forget."