11 Friendship Quotes To Share On Facebook For International Day Of Friendship
You can never tell your friends how monumental they are in your life too many times. Let them know again and again with these 11 friendship quotes to share on Facebook for International Day of Friendship this July 30.
Defining a friend can be difficult, because they can appear in your life in so many different ways. You might see a friend every day at work, you might see a friend once every 10 years at a class reunion, or you might never see a friend in person thanks to the realms of social media. However, despite the many different shapes, sizes, and forms of friends that there are, there is one defining characteristic that I believe defines every friendship: you care about each other. That doesn't necessarily mean that you go running to each other each time a crisis arises in your lives, but it does mean that when you know your friend is hurting, you are hurting too (and subsequently, when your friend is joyful, you're filled with joy as well).
Give a shoutout to all of your friends this July 30 with one of these thoughtful friendship quotes. You might not be able to express everything they mean to you in your own words, but you can certainly use someone else's (especially from the likes of this crowd).
1. “Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.” — C.S. Lewis
2. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasow
3. “Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” — Muhammad Ali
4. “A friend is what the heart needs all the time.” — Henry Van Dyke
5. “One’s friends are that part of the human race with which one can be human.” — George Santayana
6. “The language of friendship is not words but meanings.” — Henry David Thoreau
7. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.” — Walt Whitman
8. “'Tis the privilege of friendship to talk nonsense, and to have her nonsense respected.” — Charles Lamb
9. “Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer.” — Ed Cunningham
10. “Life is partly what we make it, and partly what it is made by the friends we choose.” — Tennessee Williams
11. “Don’t walk in front of me; I may not follow. Don’t walk behind me; I may not lead. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” — Albert Camus