11 Best Friend Quotes For International Day Of Friendship 2016
If there's one person who can finish your sentences, read your eyes, and understand your tone, it's got to be your BFF. These 11 best friend quotes for International Day of Friendship are the perfect way to share your love with your bestie this Saturday. They get to the heart of the matter in so few words that it's hard to think of any other way you could let your bestie know how appreciated they are that would be more eloquent. Yeah, I'm not joking around here... these are some beautifully crafted sentences below.
From Henry Ford to C.S. Lewis, the authors of these quotes are people who have lived long, rich lives that were only greater fulfilled by their friends. No one can deny the benefits of having friends, especially a best friend. As they say, family isn't blood-only — it's so much more than that. If you're lucky enough to have a best friend in your life that you get to see on a frequent basis, make sure that you don't take him or her for granted.
A friendship is not a right, but a privilege. Treat your friends right, because they deserve it. In today's day and age, there are very few things that exist without selfless cause or reason. If you have a best friend that would fit that bill for you, consider yourself lucky. A good friend can be hard to find.
1. “A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.” — Leo Buscaglia
2. “The real test of friendship is can you literally do nothing with the other person? Can you enjoy those moments of life that are utterly simple?” — Eugene Kennedy
3. “Remember that the most valuable antiques are dear old friends.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
4. “One measure of friendship consists not in the number of things friends can discuss, but in the number of things they need no longer mention.” — Clifton Fadiman
5. “Friends are the siblings God never gave us.” — Mencius
6. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
7. “A friend knows the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails.” — Donna Roberts
8. “True friendship multiplies the good in life and divides its evils. Strive to have friends, for life without friends is like life on a desert island... to find one real friend in a lifetime is good fortune; to keep him is a blessing.” — Baltasar Gracian
9. “My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me.” — Henry Ford
10. “Friendship is always a sweet responsibility, never an opportunity.” — Khalil Gibran
11. “Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.” — C.S. Lewis
Image: Michael Ramey/Unsplash