12 Inspirational Back To School Quotes That Will Leave You Feeling Psyched For The First Day
Headed back to school this fall? Read these 12 inspirational back to school quotes to get yourself into gear for the academic year. There is nothing as powerful in this world as having an education. The knowledge that you acquire during your schooling is worth so much more than you might immediately think. Not to mention, if you are wise, it could help you bring in a larger paycheck once you settle into a career.
The college years are some of the best. They present a time for learning that is uninterrupted by the usual distractions in life, and they also present a safe space to do that learning in. While there's no denying that the college years are a lot of fun for other reasons as well, ranging from social activities to parties to campus life, at the heart of it all is the opportunity to get a higher education and take classes about subjects that truly interest you.
Once you have finished your education, you will quickly realize how precious college actually was. You can only earn an undergraduate degree once in your life, so make sure you cherish your time getting there. Finally, and perhaps most importantly, use your education to help make the world into a better place. What's the point of educating yourself if you can't then use that education to teach others?
1. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” — Albert Einstein
2. “You’re off to great places, today is your day, your mountain is waiting, so get on your way.” — Dr. Seuss
3. “You can teach a student a lesson for a day; but if you can teach him to learn by creating curiosity, he will continue the learning process as long as he lives.” — Clay P. Bedford
4. “America’s future walks through the doors of our schools each day.” — Mary Jean LeTendre
5. “Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. Remember that fear always lurks behind perfectionism.” — David M. Burns
6. “A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops.” — Henry B. Adams
7. “Do not train children to learning by force and harshness, but direct them to it by what amuses their minds, so that you may be better able to discover with accuracy the peculiar bent of the genius of each.” — Plato
8. “The beautiful thing about learning is that no one can take it away from you.” — B.B. King
9. “It is in fact a part of the function of education to help us escape, not from our own time — for we are bound by that — but from the intellectual and emotional limitations of our time.” — T.S. Eliot
10. “A great teacher never strives to explain his vision. He simply invites you to stand beside him and see for yourself.” — R. Inman
11. “Education is simply the soul of a society as it passes from one generation to another.” — G. K. Chesterton
12. “Education makes a people easy to lead but difficult to drive: easy to govern, but impossible to enslave.” — Peter Brougham
Image: jessie orico/Unsplash