15 'Cursed Child' Quotes That Will Remind You Why You Love Harry Potter
After the months of waiting, the speculation and spoilers, the excitement of the midnight release parties, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is finally here in book form. I don't know about you, but I grabbed my book at midnight and started reading immediately, highlighting all the best Cursed Child quotes.
Filled with our old favorite characters, as well as new characters to fall head over heels for, The Cursed Child is jam-packed with incredible moments every Potterhead will appreciate. There were the heartbreaking scenes as Harry and Albus tried to come together across their differences. The joyous moments as Albus and Scorpius' friendship bloomed. The downright hilarious moments between these incredible characters — new and old. And there were the downright nostalgic moments, as we relived scenes and saw characters we thought we would never see again.
When reading Cursed Child , we laughed, we sighed, we tore through the pages to find out what would happen next. These quotes give you a taste of that. So if you've already finished the book, they'll help you to relive and celebrate the highlights. And if you haven't read it yet, they'll show you what you're missing. Because, really, what could be more exciting than a new Harry Potter book?
1. "They were great men with huge flaws, and you know what— those flaws almost made them greater."
— Harry Potter
2. "My geekness is a-quivering."
3. "I'm Rubeus Hagrid, and I'm going to be your friend whether you like it or not."
4. "People think they know all there is to know about you, but the best bits of you are — have always been — heroic in the really quiet ways."
5. "I'm not sure being fearless is going to be good for your health."
6. " No, it's time that time-turning became a thing of the past."
7. "The world changes and we change with it. I am better off in this world. But the world is not better. And I don't want that."
8. "One person. All it takes is one person."
9. "Because I don't think Voldemort is capable of having a kind son — and you're kind, Scorpius. To the depths of your belly, to the tips of your fingers."
10. "Most of the time, I think you have to make a choice—at a certain point—of the man you want to be. And I will tell you at that time you need a parent or a friend. And if you've learnt to hate your parent by then and you have no friends...then you're all alone. And being alone—that's so hard."
11. "Honestly, every time I sit down now I make an 'ooof' noise. An 'ooof.' And my feet — the trouble I'm having with my feet — I could write songs about the pain my feet give me — maybe your scar is like that."
12. "If this is your way of saying you want a marital break, Ron, then, to be clear, I will skewer you with this quill. "
13. "Perfection is beyond the reach of humankind, beyond the reach of magic. In every shining moment of happiness is that drop of poison: the knowledge that pain will come again. Be honest to those you love, show your pain. To suffer is as human as to breathe."
14. "I will not be Cornelius Fudge on this one. I will not stick my head in the sand. And I don't care how unpopular that makes me with Draco Malfoy."
15. "I, uh, I opened a book. Something which has—in all my years on this planet — never ben a particularly dangerous activity."
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One & Two (Special Rehearsal Edition Script), $17.99, Amazon