12 Sister Quotes To Share On Facebook For National Sisters' Day
For those of you who have sisters, consider yourselves lucky. As these 12 sister quotes to share on Facebook bring to light, having a sister is a pretty special thing. Celebrate your sister this Aug. 7 on National Sisters' Day by sharing these lovely quotes with your female siblings.
No matter how close or how far they may be from you, there's no reason that in today's world of fast-paced technology you wouldn't be able to tell them how important they are to you in a moment's notice. Be it on Facebook, over a long phone call, in a quick text, or through whatever other method you prefer to use, it's important to let your sis know that you're thinking about her, today and everyday.
There's something special about sisters that simply can't be replicated in a friend or brother or parent. How does one explain it? It's not easy. Sisters have a connection that goes deep and ties them together for the long haul. Even if you haven't seen your own sister in years, you can't break the bond that keeps you both connected. If you need some words to help you understand the depth of your own relationship with your sis, these quotes should make things crystal clear.
1. "The best thing about having a sister was that I always had a friend." — Cali Rae Turner
2. "You can kid the world, but not your sister." — Charlotte Gray
3. "Having a sister is like having a best friend you can’t get rid of. You know whatever you do, they’ll still be there." — Amy Li
4. "Sisters function as safety nets in a chaotic world simply by being there for each other." — Carol Saline
5. "My sister and I are so close that we finish each other’s sentences and often wonder whose memories belong to whom." — Shannon Celebi
6. "Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister." — Alice Walker
7. "A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves — a special kind of double. " — Toni Morrison
8. "Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship." — Margaret Mead
9. "There can be no situation in life in which the conversation of my dear sister will not administer some comfort to me." — Mary Montagu
10. "It was nice to be in such close physical proximity, even though they hadn’t spoken in months, and only via cursory birthday cards and the like. In the end, it didn’t matter. Sisters were sisters." — Emma Straub
11. "A sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life." — Isadora James
12. "When sisters stand shoulder to shoulder, who stands a chance against us?" — Pam Brown
Image: Kristopher Roller/Unsplash