I know I'm not alone when I say I can't resist swooning after reading a good love quote — but what about creepy quotes about love? Not so much, yeah? Sure, they're not as sweet, but don't write them off completely — where they lack in love, they excel in hilarity/creep. Case-in-point: Rounded up below are some of the weirdest love quotes I was able to find on the World Wide Web. Even just reading through them sends a (hilarious) shiver up my spine.
As far as the authors of these creepy quotes go, there are a couple of double hitters on this list, including the fictional Edward Cullen (of Twilight fame, of course) and the not-so-fictional Taylor Swift. If you were the type of kid that went into bathrooms at night and started whispering "Bloody Mary" five times, then these weird words are going to be right up your alley. If you weren't that kid, then you're probably going to realize how strange the world of love can be. Either way, you're in for a treat!
So, turn off the lights, strike a match, and light a candle. Things are about to get real creepy real fast.
1. "Standing by and waiting at your backdoor/ All this time how could you not know, baby?/ You belong with me." — Taylor Swift, "You Belong With Me"
2. "I like watching you sleep, I find it fascinating." — Edward Cullen, Twilight
3. "I don’t just want your heart. I want your flesh, your skin and blood, your voice, your thoughts, your pulse, and most of all your fingerprints everywhere." — Isobel Thrilling, Lover
4. "You are a cinema, I could watch you forever." — Benny Benassi, Cinema
5. "Your scent is like a drug to me like my own personal brand of heroin." — Edward Cullen, Twilight
6. "It's not so much that we're afraid of change or so in love with the old ways, but it's that place in between that we fear... it's like being between trapezes. It's Linus when his blanket is in the dryer. There's nothing to hold on to." — Marilyn Ferguson
7. "Even when I'm dead, I'll swim through the Earth, like a mermaid of the soil, just to be next to your bones." — Jeffrey McDaniel, The Archipelago Of Kisses
8. "I took a souvenir: her pretty head." — John Doe, Se7en
9. "Screaming, crying, perfect storms/ I could make all the tables turn/ Rose garden filled with thorns, keep you second guessing/ Like oh my god, who is she?/ I get drunk on jealousy/ But you'll come back each time you leave/ 'Cause darling I'm a nightmare dressed like a daydream." — Taylor Swift, "Blank Space"
10. "She was young and very beautiful, but pale, like the grey pallor of death." — Bram Stoker, The Lady of the Shroud
11. "You must come with me, loving me, to death; or else hate me, and still come with me.” — J. Sheridan Le Fanu, Carmilla