It's not easy to be the funny kind of creepy, but trust me — there are quite a few funny creepy quotes that manage to pull it off very nicely. Sure, it's hard to say where it's appropriate to draw the line between funny and creepy — so much so, I'm sure people will disagree on the matter. I do think the authors of these quotes handle the distinction nicely, though. Sure, they're all different: some of them talk about creepy people, some of them get a little creepy, and some of them talk about what creeps them out. But, the one thing they'll all do is put a smile on your face. No, not a Chuckie doll smile. A normal smile — a normal, horror-free smile.
These quotes come from a whole host of actors, singers, authors, and comedians — all people who know quite a bit about creepiness. How could they not? They have dozens of people stalking them on the daily... yes, I'm talking about the paparazzi. That's a pretty creepy life to live! Fortunately, though, no matter how creepy their lives have become because of their fame, they've clearly managed to keep up a good sense of humor about the whole thing. Hey, if you can't beat them, laugh at them, right? Or, with them?
I guess it doesn't matter, so long as you're laughing.
1. "I don't trust or love anyone, because people are so creepy. Creepy creepy creeps. Creeping around. Creeping here and creeping there. Creeping everywhere." — Vincent Gallo
2. "It's creepy, knowing someone might be watching me. Why do they need that?" — Robert Stone
3. "I like individual scents on a girl, so you always recognize her and you keep her separate from other people in your head. I really love Egyptian musk. I've even gone to the mall and sprayed perfumes and just smelled them. I'm creepy. So creepy." — Pete Wentz
4. "I don't exactly set out to only play creepy characters, it's just that a lot of those roles come my way." — Jodelle Ferland
5. “I discovered that what most people call creepy, scary, and spooky, I call comfy, cozy, and home.” — Zack Bagans
6. "Sometimes, to keep things exciting, I decorate my house as if I owned a child. I'll toss a tiny pair of shoes in the hallway or lean small wooden crutches in what I refer to as 'the baby's room,' which is actually a tiny space where I make things. I continue to call it the baby's room because it confuses people and it's creepy." — Amy Sedaris
7. "Look — there's good creepy and there's bad creepy. Today's creepy is tomorrow's necessity." — Sean Parker
8. "Someone once said that you can make the choice between getting old and getting creepy, and I think getting old is the way to go." — Kate Beckinsale
9. "There's nothing more frustrating than when fans use a nickname. That's like people you don't know using names from people that you're intimate with. Like, if my mom has a nickname and a fan finds it out and starts using it, that's creepy." — Evangeline Lilly
10. "If you can find the line between sympathetic and creepy, you have reached a very funny area." — Jason Segel
11. "I'll never forget my 24th birthday when my tooth got punched out. And for a second I was like, it would be really hilarious if I sold it on eBay. But I can't, that's just too creepy. I don't think I can go there." — Evan Rachel Wood
Image: Aimee Vogelsang/Unsplash; Giphy (3)