11 Halloween Quotes To Share On Facebook For The Spookiest Day Of 2016
Halloween is a day dedicated to some seriously fun traditions — costumes galore, candy overload, decorations everywhere... you get the idea. And while Halloween quotes don't usually make that list, I think they should. Why? Because nothing can get you quite into the spirit of Halloween like some memorable words can, and these quotes are just that. You can learn a lot from the few words that somebody chooses to say regarding Oct. 31.
Different people associate Halloween with different memories, which really is a marvelous thing. There can be so much diversity in how we choose to celebrate and remember the holiday that started so long ago, and learning about somebody else's experience with Oct. 31 can be both perspective-changing and unifying. Funny how that works, right?
From Judy Gold to John Burnside, check out what these famous (and not so famous!) faces have to say about the beloved spooky holiday of Halloween. You might relate to some of it, and you might be on a totally different page, but no matter what, you will be sharing in somebody else's thoughts, feelings, and words. Didn't think Halloween could be so sentimental? Read over these thoughtful quotes and then think again.
1. "There is a child in every one of us who is still a trick-or-treater looking for a brightly-lit front porch." — Robert Brault
2. "But I love Halloween, and I love that feeling: the cold air, the spooky dangers lurking around the corner." — Evan Peters
3. "Where there is no imagination there is no horror." — Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.
4. "Shadows of a thousand years rise again unseen, voices whisper in the trees, 'Tonight is Halloween!'" — Dexter Kozen
5. "There is nothing that gives more assurance than a mask." — Sidonie-Gabrielle Colette
6. "All my life, I have been a celebrant of Halloween. For me, it is the most important day of the year, the turning point in the old pagan calendar." — John Burnside
7. "Halloween starts earlier and earlier, just like Christmas." — Robert Englund
8. "Halloween is an opportunity to be really creative." — Judy Gold
9. "If ever there was a holiday that deserves to be commercialized, it's Halloween. We haven't taken it away from kids. We've just expanded it so that the kid in adults can enjoy it, too." — Cassandra Peterson
10. "If a man harbors any sort of fear, it makes him landlord to a ghost." — Lloyd Douglas
11. "Clothes make a statement. Costumes tell a story." — Mason Cooley
Images: Sara Hazeldine Photography/Moment Open/Getty Images; Giphy