11 Quotes About Voting To Share On Facebook
Facebook is often a place where political conversations turn ugly, but it doesn't have to be that way. As election day approaches (Nov. 8, guys! Vote!), it could be very beneficial to share some solid quotes about voting on Facebook and let them do all the talking. There are many great ones, coming from the likes of Franklin D. Roosevelt, Robert Frost, and Lupe Fiasco, so you know they're taking a look at the vitally important task from all sorts of perspectives. The one thing they all have in common is that you need vote, which is something I'm sure everyone, no matter their political affiliation, agrees with.
Whether you're a Hillary Clinton supporter, a Donald Trump supporter, a Jill Stein supporter, or another candidate supporter, changes are you've already made up your mind when it comes to who you plan on throwing your support behind on Nov. 8. While political views and party affiliations are always an important conversation to be had, the most important conversation is whether or not someone plans on voting at all. During every election there is — especially this one — it's imperative that everyone eligible to vote does, and that they choose their selections wisely. If you've got anyone on the fence about voting in your Facebook friends group, hopefully this roundup of some inspirational quotes will get them up on their feet and to the polling stations this Nov. 8.
1. "Nobody will ever deprive the American people of the right to vote except the American people themselves and the only way they could do this is by not voting." — Franklin D. Roosevelt
2. "Thinking isn't agreeing or disagreeing. That's voting." — Robert Frost
3. "Voting is completely important. People in America think democracy is a given. I think of it as an ecosystem, and what gets in the way of it is politicians and apathy." — Henry Rollins
4. "I believe that voting is the first act of building a community as well as building a country." — John Ensign
5. "Young people need to vote. They need to get out there. Every vote counts. Educate yourself too. Don't just vote. Know what you're voting for, and stand by that." — Nikki Reed
6. "Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper." — Larry Flynt
7. "No matter what name we give it or how we judge it, a candidate's character is central to political reporting because it is central to a citizen's decision in voting." — Roger Mudd
8. "Voting is a right best exercised by people who have taken time to learn about the issues." — Tony Snow
9. "I think you have to ask yourself does voting work on the level that you are trying to effectuate change; that is the conversation you must have." — Lupe Fiasco
10. "Voting is fundamental in our democracy. It has yielded enormous returns." — Arlen Specter
11. "People are voting for the kind of country they want to live in, and there are different views about what kind of country we should have." — Jonathan Haidt
Images: 3Dfoto/Shutterstock; Giphy (3)