Donald Trump’s Hollywood Walk Of Fame Star Is Destroyed By A Fake Construction Worker
With just several weeks to go until the presidential election, Deadline reports that Donald Trump's star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame has been destroyed by a man who allegedly claimed he wanted to take it and auction it off to raise funds for the women who have accused the Republican candidate of sexual assault. (Trump has repeatedly denied all allegations of sexual assault.) According to the site, which has obtained a video of the man dressed in construction gear and slamming the famous tile with a pickax, the incident occurred early Wednesday morning, at 5:45 a.m. By the time the police arrived 30 minutes later, the man had already left.
The video depicts the man hammering away at the Hollywood Walk of Fame star, debris flying everywhere, until the circular brass emblem and Trump's name are completely destroyed. According to Deadline, Trump received the honor in 2007 for his work on The Apprentice. It is located near the famous Dolby Theatre.
LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman told USA Today that police are "reviewing surveillance footage from local businesses and when the case is completed, it will be submitted to the district attorney for filing of a felony vandalism charge." Eisenman also noted that the damage to the star is estimated to be $2,500, and said that it will be repaired. According to Deadline, the LAPD has also stated that there are "no suspects" in the case.
Notably, this is not the first time Trump's star has been vandalized. In July, someone built a miniature wall around it, no doubt in reference to Trump's own comments about "building a wall" between the United States and Mexico. It has also been previously been graffitied with a "mute" symbol and a swastika.