I think it is fair to say that we can never thank the millions of men and women who have fought for this country and everything it stands for enough — especially on Veterans Day. So, rounded up below is a good way to start thanking them: These Veterans Day quotes that say thank you are the perfect words to share this Nov. 11 when you are trying to figure out exactly what to say to those U.S. soldiers who have risked their lives for your freedom. Post them on Facebook, write them in a card, or text them to a friend — just make sure that a veteran you know hears or reads them.
Veterans have been through a lot, and for many, the challenges don't just stop once they stop serving. The fact of the matter is, veterans don't quit sacrificing once they return to America. Their battles often last a lifetime, and that's something that many of us who have never served can have a difficult time understanding.
If you know a veteran, then make sure you say thank you to him or her this Nov. 11. If you don't know any veterans personally, you can still say thank you by posting one of these quotes on your social media accounts.
1. "The veterans of our military services have put their lives on the line to protect the freedoms that we enjoy. They have dedicated their lives to their country and deserve to be recognized for their commitment." — Judd Gregg
2. "On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free." — Dan Lipinski
3. "You'd have to go a long way to find someone who was more proud and grateful for what our veterans have done for all of us." — Jim Davis
4. "I think our veterans certainly deserve and have earned the best health care in the world." — Phil Roe
5. "But this Veterans Day, I believe we should do more than sing the praises of the bravery and patriotism that our veterans have embodied in the past. We should take this opportunity to re-evaluate how we are treating our veterans in the present." — Nick Lampson
6. "The sacrifices made by veterans and their willingness to fight in defense of our nation merit our deep respect and praise — and to the best in benefits and medical care." — Sue Kelly
7. "The willingness of America's veterans to sacrifice for our country has earned them our lasting gratitude." — Jeff Miller
8. "The young patriots now returning from war in Iraq and Afghanistan and other deployments worldwide are joining the ranks of veterans to whom America owes an immense debt of gratitude." — Steve Buyer
9. "From the world wars of Europe to the jungles of the Far East, from the deserts of the Middle East to the African continent, and even here in our own hemisphere, our veterans have made the world a better place and America the great country we are today." — John Hoeven
9. "Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called." — Bill Shuster
10. "While only one day of the year is dedicated solely to honoring our veterans, Americans must never forget the sacrifices that many of our fellow countrymen have made to defend our country and protect our freedoms." — Randy Neugebauer
11. "We owe our World War II veterans — and all our veterans — a debt we can never fully repay." — Doc Hastings