Thanksgiving has a way of making people happy. These 10 happy Thanksgiving quotes for 2016 help to clarify why exactly that is, and as it turns out, it's not so easy to put a finger on it. Why? Not because there's nothing worth celebrating on Turkey Day, but just the opposite! There are so many wonderful things that Thanksgiving brings to the forefront that it can be difficult to determine solely one factor that leads to the general feeling of happiness that comes with it hand-in-hand. In fact, it's likely many, many things that contribute to our feelings of happiness on Thanksgiving.
What's your favorite part of the holiday? Is it the food, the friends, the family? How about the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Or what about the practice of saying what it is we are grateful for? I think it's difficult to simplify Turkey Day into any one thing, because it's so encompassing of so many positive things. If these quotes get anything across, I'm pretty sure that it's that.
Take a moment to read over these Thanksgiving quotes and let the them ignite in you a sense of happiness. You may even want to share one or two on November 24 this year, because happiness is something that should continue to spread no matter the day of the year.
1. "Over and over I marvel at the blessings of my life: Each year has grown better than the last." — Lawrence Welk
2. "Thanksgiving Day is a good day to recommit our energies to giving thanks and just giving." — Amy Grant
3. "Thanksgiving is a time of togetherness and gratitude." — Nigel Hamilton
4. "Thanksgiving just gets me all warm and tingly and all kinds of wonderful inside." — Willard Scott
5. "Thanksgiving is one of my favorite days of the year because it reminds us to give thanks and to count our blessings. Suddenly, so many things become so little when we realize how blessed and lucky we are." — Joyce Giraud
6. "Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday — it's a day that's American to the core and it's a day that's all about what and how we eat." — Marcus Samuelsson
7. "Every Thanksgiving, we all write down three things we're thankful for and put them in a hat. Then we pass the hat around the dinner table and everyone has to guess who wrote what!" — Debby Ryan
8. "There are three things that people pick up on the instant they walk into your home on Thanksgiving. They will be able to feel the human energy. They'll smell the food. And they will see, instantly, the table." — Danny Meyer
9. "Homemade stuffing is my favorite thing about Thanksgiving. I wish people served it more than just once a year." — Troy Gentile
10. "My favorite meal is turkey and mashed potatoes. I love Thanksgiving, it's just my favorite. I can have Thanksgiving all year round." — Cindy Margolis